Did COD4 make me a better shooter in real life?

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Hunting season opened on my reservation on Nov 1.

I rarely shoot any gun but decided it would be fun to go hunting with my brother and brother in law.

For $20.00 you get 2 tags. One fore a whitetail doe the other for any deer. Everybody uses the latter to go for a trophy buck as if you get a buck it has to be a 4X4 at a minimum.

My brother says we'll use opening weekend for the whitetail doe and use the next few weeks for scouting and waiting for colder weather (unless we see a buck worth shooting).

Anyway at the end of the day yesterday a good sized whitetail doe was running away from on a hill about 140 yards from where we were walking.

I decide it's my moment and through my scope aim the .243 a shade ahead of the doe and wait for it to reach the crest of the hill, I then fired and the doe disappeared over the top. It appeared to drop but it was hard to tell because of it's pace and the fact that I shot when reached the top.

Anyway sniping in COD4 requires patience and generally you have to lead moving targets to get a kill.

We decided to walk over their to check out the area. Sure enough I had shot the doe in the face and it had died.

In 2 weeks I'll have steaks, a roast, jerky, and andouille sausage to enjoy.

Thanks COD4 for making me a lean, mean, killing machine. :gun:

What other explanation could there be? I haven't fired a rifle in over 2 years and this was my first shot.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could happen. "My friend" has become an expert at picking up prostitutes due to GTA.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
It taught you some of the basics but that is about it...

Good kill though!!!

Edit: well missed the last line of your post... You got lucky!!!! :p

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am curious if your kill to death ratio is better now in real life as well. Give the doe a gun and let him shoot at you. Just curious.

:gun:

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Grats on the shot but COD4 made you as much of a good shot as Guitar Hero made you a rock phenom.

Sorry for the news.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nice job on your kill.
As far as your question....In mind maybe....but not matter.
Yeah & give a Guitar Hero expert a Les Paul & a Marshall 2x12,put him in a room & ask him to play "Message in a Bottle" and you'll get a Les Paul,a Marshall, and a deer in headlights:DLOL
Thats why they're called video games i guess.