Diaw and Bell to NY?

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to something on heard on KTAR this morning, they said there is a rumor going around now that Bell and Diaw could end up with D'Antoni in New York.

Anyone hearing anything else? I didn't see another thread for this topic.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to something on heard on KTAR this morning, they said there is a rumor going around now that Bell and Diaw could end up with D'Antoni in New York.

Did you know that Diaw and Bell aren't Suns anymore?

:D

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you know that Diaw and Bell aren't Suns anymore?

:bang:

Yeah yeah, I thought it was interesting though. First thread I start in this forum in like a year, and that's the response I get??

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I heard the same. Just how they get there I'm not sure. I think I read it on Hoopshype from some newspaper. Probably a New York paper. :)

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
:bang:

Yeah yeah, I thought it was interesting though. First thread I start in this forum in like a year, and that's the response I get??

Pretty much the response I always get in this forum, but that is mostly my fault. :)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NY doesn't have any cap space (expiring deals) to offer Charlotte. Not sure how a deal gets done.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Here is what is churning around the rumor mill that I have seen:

Diaw/Bell to NY for Curry/Lee before the deadline.
Marion to the Cavs for Vareajo and Szerbiak. (did you know heat offered him 3yr/30million extension! HA!Half!)
Thabo Sefalosha and Tyrus Thomas on the block.
Mutumbo looking at contenders
Pargo not getting paid by Russia, Knicks courting him since no one else wants to break the bank.
Antoine Walker to be bought out.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
Here is what is churning around the rumor mill that I have seen:

Diaw/Bell to NY for Curry/Lee before the deadline.
Marion to the Cavs for Vareajo and Szerbiak. (did you know heat offered him 3yr/30million extension! HA!Half!)
Thabo Sefalosha and Tyrus Thomas on the block.
Mutumbo looking at contenders
Pargo not getting paid by Russia, Knicks courting him since no one else wants to break the bank.
Antoine Walker to be bought out.

Picking up Eddy Curry would cancel out any value David Lee would possibly bring to Charlotte.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
First of all, Charlotte cannot package Diaw or Bell in a trade to any team for 2 months, which would put that right near the trade deadline (Feb 10th to be exact).

Second of all, the only deal that makes sense is moving Diaw and Bell for Eddy Curry and Jared Jeffries.

I have been saying for a month now that Charlotte (Larry Brown) should trade for Curry and this deal makes sense. Curry slides Okafor to PF and then Gerald Wallace would be moved for another wing player.

Im not sure Charlotte sends out Diaw and Bell, but it would make sense and fits into my suggestion that they acquire Curry.

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
Waiting period on spitting up guys just traded for is par for the course. It's not like this would make the Bobcats a playoff team so there won't be much hurry..

I'd guess Diaw stays and Raja gets moved to NY, since he is a D'Antoni type of guy. Larry Brown knows and can use Curry while he's dead weight on the Knicks. Curry makes more than Raja, but the Bobcats have some other trading pieces. Nate Robinson is very exciting, but at 5'9" is not an ideal defender for the Knicks and Raja is not a Larry Brown type guy.

Last night Diaw scored 25 points and had his best year when playing without another inside offensive threat. Getting Curry would change that, but right now he is more likely to asked to shoot and will.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're saying Diaw isn't a D'Antoni guy? If anything, he IS the D'Antoni guy.

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
I'd guess Diaw stays and Raja gets moved to NY, since he is a D'Antoni type of guy. .

Diaw scored 25 pts. on 23 shots last night. When did you ever see him take 23 shots in Phoenix?

Bell scored 2 pts. on 6 attempts.

They started Raja and he played 28 minutes, the fewest of any starter. Diaw played 40.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Diaw scored 25 pts. on 23 shots last night. When did you ever see him take 23 shots in Phoenix?

Bell scored 2 pts. on 6 attempts.

They started Raja and he played 28 minutes, the fewest of any starter. Diaw played 40.

Diaw is a D'Antoni guy. D'Antoni loves guys who can handle the ball and pass. It fits his team concept. The pure number of shots is not what makes a player a D'Antoni guy or not.

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
Diaw is a D'Antoni guy. D'Antoni loves guys who can handle the ball and pass. It fits his team concept. The pure number of shots is not what makes a player a D'Antoni guy or not.

No kidding? I wasn't even talking about that...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No kidding? I wasn't even talking about that...

I think he was referring to Irish implying that Diaw is not a D'Antoni guy and my comment that Diaw is...

Maligzar

Registered
Reaction score
First of all, Charlotte cannot package Diaw or Bell in a trade to any team for 2 months, which would put that right near the trade deadline (Feb 10th to be exact).

/quote]

I'm not certain that your statement is accurate. Wikipedia validates your claim:

If a team acquires a player in a trade, they are allowed to trade that player straight-up for another individual player immediately. However, if they wish to package that player with another and make a trade, the team must wait 60 days before doing so.

However this link does not:

http://www.nbpa.com/cba_articles/article-VII_8.php

Any other source you can provide to backup your claim?

Maligzar

Registered
Reaction score
Oh and how Bell is more of a "D'Antoni guy" than Diaw is beyond me. Diaw owes his most improved player award to D'Anotoni. I doubt Bell's defensive prowness was a result of D'Antoni ~_~

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score

/quote]

I'm not certain that your statement is accurate. Wikipedia validates your claim:

If a team acquires a player in a trade, they are allowed to trade that player straight-up for another individual player immediately. However, if they wish to package that player with another and make a trade, the team must wait 60 days before doing so.

However this link does not:

http://www.nbpa.com/cba_articles/article-VII_8.php

Any other source you can provide to backup your claim?
I see nothing in the NBPA link that conflicts with the 60 day policy, it just fails to mention the rule.

The official rule is that Bell and/or Diaw can not be part of a trade package for 60 days, but they can be traded on an individual basis.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Bell is done and Diaw in New York... couldn't wait to see him after 1 offseason.

:::secret decoder ring failing::::
He is predicting that Bell isnt going anywhere and probably wont be getting an extension worth much, and Diaw will be sent to New York for Curry/filler. Dantoni will be the one pushing for the deal because "Dantoni couldnt even wait a single offseason to use diaw"

I think.

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
He is predicting that Bell isnt going anywhere and probably wont be getting an extension worth much, and Diaw will be sent to New York for Curry/filler. Dantoni will be the one pushing for the deal because "Dantoni couldnt even wait a single offseason to use diaw"

I think.

I think the Diaw part is more a reference to how "Dirty" Boris gets in Scottsdale, imagine how much he'll deteriorate in one offseason in Manhattan.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson