Diamondbacks vs Mets series thread

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Are we really going to blame Towers for those guys stinking this year? I don't know of anyone that would have not wanted Hernandez, Miggy, etc this year. Players have bad years. It happens. Too much blame on GM, not enough on the players themselves.

The GM or Manager is not the one leaving the bases loaded inning after inning

The GM or manager is not swinging at the first pitch (a ball, BTW) after the previous batter walked on four pitches to load the bases.

I WILL criticize Gibby for having Pennington bunt with runners on 1st and 3rd, one out.

And not sure why Chavez didn't pinch hit instead of Pollock

Dude - I'm the one being supportive of KT here! Geeeeez....

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Dipoto should have been promoted, IMO.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, it was Dipoto who did the Haren trade.

I realize players are the ones who swing the bat and throw the ball, but when basically every guy TOWERS has brought in is among the guys sucking at the plate and giving up runs and our few successes were here already...

I mean, was it really a surprise that Cody Ross was going to play like he did for 90% of his career? That Kubel was injury case with a career of mediocrity? That Cliff Pennington cant hit? That Brandon "I average about 15 starts a year" McCarthy wouldnt stay healthy? That Cahill's two mediocre years turned out to be more telling than his one good year?

And those are just free agent moves... his trades make me want to puke, especially his habit of publicly destroying a players trade value while shopping them.

If not for the stellar play of Goldschmidt and Corbin (guys he inherited), we probably be 15 games under .500.

Towers deserves to be fired... and he never should have been hired.

Heath Bell got signed to a giant contract and then totally fell apart... LETS TRADE FOR HIM!

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as the division goes, we could play like one of the richer teams and it still might not matter the way the Dodgers are hitting and pitching. We still have an outside shot at a Wildcard but odds are, we're toast. I'm not too upset about it though as this never looked like a roster capable of much more than .500 ball.

Steve

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn