Diamondbacks acquire JD Martinez from Tigers

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They are the #4 prospect, the #15 prospect and unranked in what many consider to be a very weak farm system. Seems like the Dbacks came out ahead in the trade but that's going to depend on the rest of the year and if he re-signs with them. Biggest downside is that a weak farm system just got even weaker.

the_future23

Registered
Reaction score
Can Dbacks even afford him in the off-season? Seems like an all in type deal. Turning 30 and will want A big contract.

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Lugo is probably a utility caliber IF in the future. He's got ok power. Says a lot about the farm system.

Steal by Hazen.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Can Dbacks even afford him in the off-season? Seems like an all in type deal. Turning 30 and will want A big contract.

I'm sure they are thinking of him purely as a rental.

The prospects we traded can hardly be considered "all in" but it's definitely a rental deal. Totally worth it IMO.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Finally get the leg up in a trade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like this deal and lol the tigers forum is going crazy one sunshine moment in this current dbacks slump....

Hope the dbacks can somehow manage to sign him to a multiyear deal.

irishpack

Reaction score
He wasn't my first choice, but maybe he was all we could afford. His defense is a serious concern.

Tiger fan here. You have to remember he was playing in the one of the largest parks in the majors - his D is better than what is portrayed. Comerica has a big outfield. Wait until you see this guy rake. You will like him. Should hit a ton of homeruns in that park. Hits a lot to right center. Strong as hell.