Devin Booker is the greatest player EVER in Suns history

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can argue Booker is not a #1, I don't see how you can compare him to Nash, Amare, Barkely no matter how gaudy his stats are.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I have no idea what's going on with Devin, if someone figures it out let us all know.
I wanted to ring his neck in the 4th quarter when with the shot clock dwindling, he decides to pass the ball to a well guarded Drew Eubanks in the lane. What happened to the Devin Booker that liked to shoot the big shots?! So depressing.

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
If anything, this playoff series solidified that he’s not in Nash and Barkley’s class.
I agree,,,,, Book has a ways to go until he joins Nash and Barkley
to a NBA MVP award. I'm not sure he will ever reach that plateau during his career.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it me or has KD been a bad influence on him.
KD wasn’t on the team when Booker and friends blew a 2-0 Finals lead, and then had an awful no show close-out game.

KD also wasn’t here when the following year, Booker idiotically deemed the 2022 playoffs “the revenge tour”, like some entitled douche who’d never won anything… then proceeded to blow ANOTHER 2-0 lead to a weak Mavs team, getting HUMILIATED at home in the single worst Game 7 home performance in league history. And then after talking MAD TRASH during that series, failed to face the music and bailed on the press like a coward after he got butt-reemed on National TV.

Also remember this is a guy who dated a Kardashian. Who gave himself the nickname “Armani”.

This is who he is and has always been.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
KD wasn’t on the team when Booker and friends blew a 2-0 Finals lead, and then had an awful no show close-out game.

KD also wasn’t here when the following year, Booker idiotically deemed the 2022 playoffs “the revenge tour”, like some entitled douche who’d never won anything… then proceeded to blow ANOTHER 2-0 lead to a weak Mavs team, getting HUMILIATED at home in the single worst Game 7 home performance in league history. And then after talking MAD TRASH during that series, failed to face the music and bailed on the press like a coward after he got butt-reemed on National TV.

Also remember this is a guy who dated a Kardashian. Who gave himself the nickname “Armani”.

Just FYI, Armani is his middle name. He didn't give himself it as a nickname.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess he has bigger problems then. He's not the same player this year. Afraid to take big shots. Making dumb decisions.
Yes he is. He was inconsistent before Durant got here. He chocked in big playoff games before KD got here.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Just FYI, Armani is his middle name. He didn't give himself it as a nickname.
That.

Also, Book always played like a guy with a chip on his shoulder... until this year, when he's played entitled and nonchalant.

I cannot fathom Booker saying something like "we chillin" when they were actually blowing ass, prior to this season.

I absolutely agree that Durant has rubbed off on him in all the wrong ways... that is a fault on Booker too, he isn't assertive enough, he looks for an alpha to follow... and Durant isn't an alpha, Durant is a bitch. Paul is an alpha, maybe not the best alpha, but I am rapidly becoming convinced that Chris Paul, even in his Suns era twilight, is a far far more impactful player than Kevin Durant.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
CP3 mentored Booker the whole time he was here. Then at the halfway point of Paul's final season, when Book was about to take over as the undisputed leader, the Suns dealt for Durant and handed him the keys. In doing so they also traded away 2 of Booker's best friends on this team. This off-season they send Paul off for another "star" in Beal, which is fine given where everyone is but then cutting Payne loose was another kick to the shins from the front office to Booker, saying he doesn't get friends here and he's now a PG full time. I don't know how the front office can alienate him more outside of dealing for Luka.

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
we'll see - devin booker is far from done but i can totally acknowledge the major playoff disappointments - real stars can will their teams to victory and he's failed to do so the past two seasons and is off to a poor start in 2024

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
CP3 mentored Booker the whole time he was here. Then at the halfway point of Paul's final season, when Book was about to take over as the undisputed leader, the Suns dealt for Durant and handed him the keys. In doing so they also traded away 2 of Booker's best friends on this team. This off-season they send Paul off for another "star" in Beal, which is fine given where everyone is but then cutting Payne loose was another kick to the shins from the front office to Booker, saying he doesn't get friends here and he's now a PG full time. I don't know how the front office can alienate him more outside of dealing for Luka.
Durant was a book guy. Pretty sure Durant signed off on shipping Ayton out. And likely Monty as well. And I’m sure he had input on hiring Vogel. I get what you’re trying to say but they’ve been catering to, not screwing, Booker.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Durant was a book guy. Pretty sure Durant signed off on shipping Ayton out. And likely Monty as well. And I’m sure he had input on hiring Vogel. I get what you’re trying to say but they’ve been catering to, not screwing, Booker.
Yeah. I don't even think they "forced" him to move to PG. He'd been playing the PG position for several minutes a game even when we had CP3 and, I guess, he just figured he could handle the job full time. And honestly, he isn't horrible as a PG it's just that by moving him there we've replaced an all nba caliber shooting guard with a middle to lower tier PG. And he's just too slow to guard or take advantage of most starting and backup point guards so we get hurt on both ends of the court.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I don't think they screwed him. Booker doesn't make waves. If they asked him if he could handle PG all season, he'd say yes because he played backup for a while and did a decent job. Putting him next to Durant though got him to view the game less serious as he's taken on the "it's just basketball" mindset that KD has. Why shouldn't he? He hasn't been burned like some players but he hasn't been catered to like Luka in Dallas, for example. Not saying he deserves that but you should always make moves to get the most out of your star and not force them into another role.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Putting him next to Durant though got him to view the game less serious as he's taken on the "it's just basketball" mindset that KD has.

If this is true, then Booker is an even bigger loser than KD. I don’t even know that KD has this attitude, but even if he does, at least it came AFTER he won multiple titles.

What the hell does it say about the dog in Booker if he doesn’t care all that much while never winning ANYTHING and having been humiliated in the playoffs even before KD got here?

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
If this is true, then Booker is an even bigger loser than KD. I don’t even know that KD has this attitude, but even if he does, at least it came AFTER he won multiple titles.

What the hell does it say about the dog in Booker if he doesn’t care all that much while never winning ANYTHING and having been humiliated in the playoffs even before KD got here?
kd - who will undoubtedly go down as one of the greatest to play the game of all time - is a loser

You must be registered for see images attach

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a major blunder, the Suns FO thought they could throw some discards together and make a bench.

And they didn't do a good job at that, disregarding the need for a rotation point guard and another big man.

This will be the third season in a row James Jones has made this mistake.

In baseball, three strikes and you are out.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a major blunder, the Suns FO thought they could throw some discards together and make a bench.

And they didn't do a good job at that, disregarding the need for a rotation point guard and another big man.

I wasn't on the James Jones bandwagon at the start of the year. I am all in now.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I wanted to ring his neck in the 4th quarter when with the shot clock dwindling, he decides to pass the ball to a well guarded Drew Eubanks in the lane. What happened to the Devin Booker that liked to shoot the big shots?! So depressing.
He wasn't the only guy doing that. It's a problem on the whole team. They think they can pass into Nurk or Eubanks with 3 seconds on the shot clock when they are guarded well.

Superbone

Reaction score
That.

Also, Book always played like a guy with a chip on his shoulder... until this year, when he's played entitled and nonchalant.

I cannot fathom Booker saying something like "we chillin" when they were actually blowing ass, prior to this season.

I absolutely agree that Durant has rubbed off on him in all the wrong ways... that is a fault on Booker too, he isn't assertive enough, he looks for an alpha to follow... and Durant isn't an alpha, Durant is a bitch. Paul is an alpha, maybe not the best alpha, but I am rapidly becoming convinced that Chris Paul, even in his Suns era twilight, is a far far more impactful player than Kevin Durant.
Yup, the records speak for themselves.

Superbone

Reaction score

Jones is the guy who put together a coach and guys who made a real team that went to the Finals and damn near won it all. To me this has Ishbia's fingerprints all over it. He comes in and instantly pulls the trigger for KD while giving Brooklyn everything they wanted and more. He totally dismantled what we had and brought in the group you see before your eyes now. Ishbia thought he could just throw a bunch of pieces together and make a team. He has a lot to learn about team building. I'm glad he's willing to spend the bucks to try to win it all but you have to use it correctly. He has a ways to go. I'm glad he has the fire. Now he needs to learn how to direct it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jones is the guy who put together a coach and guys who made a real team that went to the Finals and damn near won it all. To me this has Ishbia's fingerprints all over it. He comes in and instantly pulls the trigger for KD while giving Brooklyn everything they wanted and more. He totally dismantled what we had and brought in the group you see before your eyes now. Ishbia thought he could just throw a bunch of pieces together and make a team. He has a lot to learn about team building. I'm glad he's willing to spend the bucks to try to win it all but you have to use it correctly. He has a ways to go. I'm glad he has the fire. Now he needs to learn how to direct it.

James Jones is also the guy who didn't trade Crowder while he still had value, didn't draft Haliburton and traded Saric for a bag of peanuts.

I, too, think Jones was chasing after the Durant trade, however, I doubt whether Jones would have given the Nets their asking price unless Mat Ishbia gave him the green light. This doesn't excuse James Jones in my book.

Bottom line for me, I'm not in the mood for another rebuild when the Suns should have added to the 2022-23 team, not subtracted desirable assets.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson