Desmond Ridder to the Cardinals (Traded Rondale Moore)

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tune is a poor man's Josh Rosen.
I don’t understand this comparison at all other than neither are very good. Rosen had phenomenal arm and eye talent and was cerebral in his play. What he has always lacked is the competitive drive to be great. Very similar to Leinert, who I said emphatically prior to the draft would never be what the quarterback position required. Though no Max Hall, Tune doesn’t have Rosen’s ability. We’ll see how he develops but I haven’t seen enough to stop thinking he can grow into a quality backup.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t understand this comparison at all other than neither are very good. Rosen had phenomenal arm and eye talent and was cerebral in his play. What he has always lacked is the competitive drive to be great. Very similar to Leinert, who I said emphatically prior to the draft would never be what the quarterback position required. Though no Max Hall, Tune doesn’t have Rosen’s ability. We’ll see how he develops but I haven’t seen enough to stop thinking he can grow into a quality backup.

I am not going to argue about the relative virtues of Rosen and Tune. If I had to bet $5 if he would last longer than Rosen did in the NFL I would bet the under. Personally, I was disappointed in how he played in preseason, I expected more. He struggled to throw outs, and looked really bad on some of them, which was not a good sign IMO.

But, I obviously hope the best for him. Trading for Ridder means he might not be on our roster come the regular season. Depends.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's nice that we have an experienced backup to challenge Tune

Time for Tune to step up his game and show us something so he can be on the practice squad and be available in case of injury

I know Ridder is nothing special, but I think he can fill in a couple of games and we have a chance to win them

He's talking about working on his flaws and if he can correct some things he is a solid backup QB

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn