Denver’s path to championship: easiest seeding

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had an easier path according to opponent seeding?

Round 1: 8th seed
Round 2: 4th seed
WCF: 7th seed
Finals: 8th seed

Pretty crazy how it played out this season.
No kidding.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had an easier path according to opponent seeding?

Round 1: 8th seed
Round 2: 4th seed
WCF: 7th seed
Finals: 8th seed

Pretty crazy how it played out this season.
Celtics had almost the same opponent seeding but couldn't get to the Finals.

Round 1: 7th seed
Round 2: 3rd seed
ECF: 8th seed

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not going to be shocked if this is a sweep or goes 7. I personally think it's over in 5 and Denver gets it and then the Suns will be only one of ten to never win it.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Celtics had almost the same opponent seeding but couldn't get to the Finals.

Round 1: 7th seed
Round 2: 3rd seed
ECF: 8th seed
But if they did they would’ve added a 1 seed.

7,3,8,1 (average 4.75)

Is a LOT different than

8,4,7,8 (average 6.75)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they won't have had to beat ONE team with 50 wins in the entire playoffs.

NBA was trash this year. Plain and simple.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I just realized that the easiest path any team can be given is:

8th
5th
7th
8th

So the nuggets got to face just about the worst seeds possible. The only difference would’ve been if the clippers upset the suns in the first round. I’m surprised no one has brought that up. While the nuggets are clearly the best team at this point in the season this has to be the least impressive championship run ever.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

8th
5th
7th
8th

So the nuggets got to face just about the worst seeds possible. The only difference would’ve been if the clippers upset the suns in the first round. I’m surprised no one has brought that up. While the nuggets are clearly the best team at this point in the season this has to be the least impressive championship run ever.

If Leonard had not gotten hurt Denver might have seen exactly that.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

8th
5th
7th
8th

The kind of path Suns fans can only dream of someday.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
they won't have had to beat ONE team with 50 wins in the entire playoffs.

NBA was trash this year. Plain and simple.
This is a shocking stat. If nothing else this hollers how lame their run is. But you can only play who is sitting across from you. Credit for getting it done against inferior teams.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a shocking stat. If nothing else this hollers how lame their run is. But you can only play who is sitting across from you. Credit for getting it done against inferior teams.
Yep, that's like the 1999 Rams with Kurt Warner. They put up incredible stats but didn't beat a single team in the regular season that year that had a winning record. They could only line up and play who was on their schedule.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yep, that's like the 1999 Rams with Kurt Warner. They put up incredible stats but didn't beat a single team in the regular season that year that had a winning record. They could only line up and play who was on their schedule.
That’s incredible. I didn’t know that.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

That is wild. I just looked at their schedule from that season... they only even PLAYED one winning team that regular season, the very same Titans they beat in one of the greatest Superbowls ever.

But... ya can't beat who ya don't play. They did go 13-3, their losses coming to the Titans, a wild game against the 8-8 Lions and to the Eagles in the finale, in which I suspect the Rams didn't care.

Most of their wins were to the tune of scores like 34-10, that team was a juggernaut. It's really hard to believe they only won one Superbowl.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is wild. I just looked at their schedule from that season... they only even PLAYED one winning team that regular season, the very same Titans they beat in one of the greatest Superbowls ever.

But... ya can't beat who ya don't play. They did go 13-3, their losses coming to the Titans, a wild game against the 8-8 Lions and to the Eagles in the finale, in which I suspect the Rams didn't care.

Most of their wins were to the tune of scores like 34-10, that team was a juggernaut. It's really hard to believe they only won one Superbowl.
At this level I don't put much stock in stuff like this. This is pro sports. Even seemingly untalented team still has some of the best athletes in the world. You can be beat by any team on any given game. Then during the playoffs it all turns up a notch in terms of competativness. I take nothing away from that team. Like CardNots pointed out that was one of the most impressive aerial assaults I have seen in my life.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
At this level I don't put much stock in stuff like this. This is pro sports. Even seemingly untalented team still has some of the best athletes in the world. You can be beat by any team on any given game. Then during the playoffs it all turns up a notch in terms of competativness. I take nothing away from that team. Like CardNots pointed out that was one of the most impressive aerial assaults I have seen in my life.
Yeah I don’t take anything away from them either. It’s just a rather surprising and fascinating factoid.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA