Dbacks and bucs series thread

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That one is on Gibson. He left Miley in the game when he should have pulled him for a pinch hitter in the 8th.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
o-2 hanging slider by Reed with the game on the line. You can't do it!

This one is tough to swallow. Miley said he felt strong at the end.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
That one is on Gibson. He left Miley in the game when he should have pulled him for a pinch hitter in the 8th.
For once, I went along with Gibson's decision. Miley can handle the bat. Pitching a 2-hit shutout up until then. And Reed is not the ultimate closer.

I want to see Gibson gone. But I am not going to second guess him tonight. What he did was actually logical. Including putting Parra in the game in RF for Ross (a no-brainer).

And, hey, we have two .300 hitters . . . and the worst record in all of baseball. :(

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For once, I went along with Gibson's decision. Miley can handle the bat. Pitching a 2-hit shutout up until then. And Reed is not the ultimate closer.

I want to see Gibson gone. But I am not going to second guess him tonight. What he did was actually logical. Including putting Parra in the game in RF for Ross (a no-brainer).

And, hey, we have two .300 hitters . . . and the worst record in all of baseball. :(

Agree with all of this. And it's worst record in baseball and we're still playing .500 ball on the road. That's something you won't see in July very often.

Steve

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How much longer will Reed be the closer? Can't believe they gave up Eaton and Davidson for him. I thought Towers was a genius at putting together a bullpen.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
^Your expectations for Reed are too high. Elite closers don't get traded. And the White Sox were willing to part company with Reed without having anybody waiting in the wings to take over the roll. They handed the ball to Matt Lindstrom this year. Go look him up at Baseball Reference.com.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Dbags back to worst record in baseball. Reed is horrible, etc, etc...

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hadn't looked at the standing for awhile......

We're the worst team in baseball right now!!! Yayyyyyy!!!.... Oh.... wait...... ;)

OP
OP
AZ Native

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score

Nice post. I was not looking back. I thought batting Miley was the wrong choice at the time. Maybe he can handle the bat, but there were better hitters available. I was screaming at the screen. I hate the book, there is no book, but with out closer, I would rather have seen a pinch hitter and possibly add a run or two to our 2 run lead.

I admire the fact that you stated your case so well. We are all DBacks fans here and I like to hear from those who disagree with me. I have been watching baseball for over 50 years and I learn more every day.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I know he gets paid, but man this has to be beyond torture for Goldy. 3 more hits tonight and nothing to show for it. He consistently bats with nobody on and never see's a halfway decent pitch... There literally isn't another player on this team that is even in the same area code as Goldy in terms of talent and ability. Yea, I know injuries to our ace, Pollack, Owings and Trumbo hurt, but WOW is this team horrendous. We have zero ability to generate any meaningful offense. Seriously, other than Goldy, we have NO, as in NOTHING to offer at the plate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Seriously, other than Goldy, we have NO, as in NOTHING to offer at the plate!

We have nothing to offer on the mound, either.

I'm so sick of thinking about this team. Wake me up when Towers and Gibby are fired.

Last edited:

AzKarl

Veteran
Reaction score
Totally uninspired team

How long before Gibson is fired? I think it could happen at the All Star break given the totally uninspired play we are seeing. Boneheaded fielding, inconsistent pitching. Could LaRussa appoint himself interim Manager to see who is a keeper and who to unload? Hmmm....

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How long before Gibson is fired? I think it could happen at the All Star break given the totally uninspired play we are seeing. Boneheaded fielding, inconsistent pitching. Could LaRussa appoint himself interim Manager to see who is a keeper and who to unload? Hmmm....

I really hope there are major changes during the All-Star break.

Last edited:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Could LaRussa appoint himself interim Manager to see who is a keeper and who to unload? Hmmm....
I don't think LaRussa came here to be interim Manager. But he is here to accomplish what you suggested.

I still feel that the best in-house move would be to bring Bob Brenly down from the broadcast booth for the rest of the season.

Not only his Managerial experience, but he knows how to handle public relations a jillion times better than Gibson and probably better than LaRussa, too.

At the end of the season, all pertinent parties could decide if they would want BB to return full-time or go back to the booth. It is a win-win situation.

Brenly has certainly been forthcoming on the air about Gibson's decisions.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
On the D.L.: Corbin, Arroyo, Hernandez, Reynolds, Chavez, Owings, Pennington, Pollock, Trumbo. That's over a third of the roster sidelined with injuries.

I remember 2004. Firing the manager and using the second half of the season to evaluate prospects is brutal.

OP
OP
AZ Native

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I don't think LaRussa came here to be interim Manager. But he is here to accomplish what you suggested.

I still feel that the best in-house move would be to bring Bob Brenly down from the broadcast booth for the rest of the season.

Not only his Managerial experience, but he knows how to handle public relations a jillion times better than Gibson and probably better than LaRussa, too.

At the end of the season, all pertinent parties could decide if they would want BB to return full-time or go back to the booth. It is a win-win situation.

Brenly has certainly been forthcoming on the air about Gibson's decisions.

Not a Gibson hater but I too think it is time to bring Brenly in again. Towers is already essentially gone.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Ouch.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On the D.L.: Corbin, Arroyo, Hernandez, Reynolds, Chavez, Owings, Pennington, Pollock, Trumbo. That's over a third of the roster sidelined with injuries.

I remember 2004. Firing the manager and using the second half of the season to evaluate prospects is brutal.

We were the right there with the worst before most of those guys got hurt. Injuries are no excuse, the team sucks and Towers destroyed the organizational depth which makes injuries to our sub par players more damaging than they should be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedzBetz