Dave Pasch opinion.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Living in Chicago I don’t get to listen to the radio broadcast of the Cardinals.
What do the locals think of the job he does. When I do hear kighlights of him he certainly doesn’t come across as overly exciting.
Not knocking him. Just wondering what the valley’s vibe is on him.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think I have ever heard a complaint about Dave Pasch. He lets Wolfley do all the over the top excitement stuff.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I really like Pasch. Hes a solid play by play guy and he melds well with Wolf. I know some people get tired of Wolfs over the top stuff, but honestly I think we have one of the best teams in the NFL. I would take them over Joe Buck and Aikman, and many other national teams.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's so so for me...I think maybe his voice irks me a bit at times. But overall, he knows his stuff and does a good job.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I really like Pasch. Hes a solid play by play guy and he melds well with Wolf. I know some people get tired of Wolfs over the top stuff, but honestly I think we have one of the best teams in the NFL. I would take them over Joe Buck and Aikman, and many other national teams.
Wolfley loves the Cardinals as much as we do. That’s why Wolf is great in my book.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wolfley loves the Cardinals as much as we do. That’s why Wolf is great in my book.

Totally agree. Pasch does too, he is just a little less vocal about it because he also has to work other markets.

Wolf knows hes never doing anything outside of AZ, so might as well be a Cards fanatic.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Totally agree. Pasch does too, he is just a little less vocal about it because he also has to work other markets.

Wolf knows hes never doing anything outside of AZ, so might as well be a Cards fanatic.
His brother Craig holds the same position as color analyst for Steelers.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
He does a solid job on the ESPN college games I watch occasionally. Seldom seems to make a mistake and has plenty of detailed information, in other words for such a busy guy he seems to do his homework.

Reaction score
Pasch is terrific! And that's why he is one of the busiest play by play commentators in sports. Knowledgeable, well-prepared, calls the games and doesn't make himself a topic during broadcasts! I've wondered why he hasn't gotten/taken a more prestigious position with one of the major networks? Whatever the reason, I'm glad he is the voice of the Cardinals!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pasch is terrific! And that's why he is one of the busiest play by play commentators in sports. Knowledgeable, well-prepared, calls the games and doesn't make himself a topic during broadcasts! I've wondered why he hasn't gotten/taken a more prestigious position with one of the major networks? Whatever the reason, I'm glad he is the voice of the Cardinals!
ESPN works him like a dog so he is doing just fine for himself. But, yeah, he's better than Kevin Kugler and some others.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Driving around with XM I get to listen to a lot of other radio crews on games. Pasch and Wolfley are easily among the best I've heard.

The worst was the team that did the Oakland Raiders games back when I lived in Davis. They were homer garbage.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Absolutely great calling games on TV (college FB, basketball, whatever). Absolutely horrible as play-by-play man on the radio. He calls a radio game like it's a TV game where his audience can see what's going on - he does a piss-poor job of making you feel like you're there, as the greats have always been able to do. For a prime example, check out Bill King calling the Raiders for decades. Absolute master at his craft.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He's no Tom Dillon, but he does a great job in my opinion

Reaction score
Absolutely great calling games on TV (college FB, basketball, whatever). Absolutely horrible as play-by-play man on the radio. He calls a radio game like it's a TV game where his audience can see what's going on - he does a piss-poor job of making you feel like you're there, as the greats have always been able to do. For a prime example, check out Bill King calling the Raiders for decades. Absolute master at his craft.
Good take. I seldom hear Pasch doing radio play-by-play, as I don't listen to radio during Cardinals games.

TV vs. Radio play-by-play are absolutely two different skills! Rare are those that do both exceptionally!

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Pasch is the best in the business. He’s knowledgeable/charismatic and unlike a lot of homer announcers he will tell it like it is when things are going south.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pasch is amazing. He only reason I can stand listening to Wolfley, he calls Wolfley out on his stupidity.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again , I’m not knocking the guy because the only time I hear him is on replays.
However, if I’m listening I like to hear the “ obvious”. On the Conner td catch it was clear he was going to score when he was on the 20 yard line rather than 20-15-10-5 td.
It seems that 99% of you like him and that’s great. I also understand a calm voice in between Wolfleys antics are probably necessary.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The gold standard IMHO...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again , I’m not knocking the guy because the only time I hear him is on replays.
However, if I’m listening I like to hear the “ obvious”. On the Conner td catch it was clear he was going to score when he was on the 20 yard line rather than 20-15-10-5 td.
It seems that 99% of you like him and that’s great. I also understand a calm voice in between Wolfleys antics are probably necessary.

Doesn't Pasch also do radio broadcast? That would explain it.