Damned ads.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Since when has it become a pain in the ass to try and log on to read Cards news and opinions.This is a site that is interesting for many opinions,information and different personalities.Do peop0le have to donate to get a NON-ANNOYING site like this site used to be? IF that is the case then this longtime fan is wondering if its worth it?:bang::bang::bang:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Chrome and Firefox browsers offer AdBlock software for free. Very simple to install. Cleaned up a ton of problems for me

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Agreed. Chrome + Adblock plus = No ads for me.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I use Tapatalk, along with an ad blocker. Now I'm ad free.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since when has it become a pain in the ass to try and log on to read Cards news and opinions.This is a site that is interesting for many opinions,information and different personalities.Do peop0le have to donate to get a NON-ANNOYING site like this site used to be? IF that is the case then this longtime fan is wondering if its worth it?:bang::bang::bang:

Even when ads are on it isn't that bad.. They get annoying but there aren't intolerable

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Chrome and Firefox browsers offer AdBlock software for free. Very simple to install. Cleaned up a ton of problems for me

+1

Don't mind ads, they pay for the site.

Do mind ads that have sound, they suck, but I'll live.

Reaction score
Lately my company's filters have been rejecting many of the ads on the ASFN website, as unsafe (specifically as malware sites). While the filters eliminate the threat, I also run the risk of being scrutinized for visiting such locations that are deemed "inappropriate for business use".

If it's not cleaned up I may be forced to cease my visits to ASFN. :(

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
+1

Don't mind ads, they pay for the site.

Do mind ads that have sound, they suck, but I'll live.

They could be less irritating and in-your-face though. I love ASFN, but the amount of ads I see when I'm not using an ad blocker is shocking.

I know...contributor. But I'm not a big fan of giving money to a company willing to almost ruin a site with ads. As far as I know, contributor donations go to Keebali, right?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lately my company's filters have been rejecting many of the ads on the ASFN website, as unsafe (specifically as malware sites). While the filters eliminate the threat, I also run the risk of being scrutinized for visiting such locations that are deemed "inappropriate for business use".

Or it may be time to get a different job. :D

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

go contributor, itll drop the ads and you can browse at work all day

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don't mind ads in general, since I know they support the website... but I get pop-up video ads on my iPad that I can't close until the whole video has played. Every time I load a new page. No real option to Adblock there, and I'd prefer not to, anyways, since it defeats the purpose of ad revenue getting to ASFN.

I know I could become a contributor, but money is reasonably tight, and it's hard to justify spending $20 so I can read the boards on the go. These ads have only popped up in the past two weeks, so I don't know if anyone was particularly aware. Thought I'd bring it up.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't mind ads in general, since I know they support the website... but I get pop-up video ads on my iPad that I can't close until the whole video has played. Every time I load a new page. No real option to Adblock there, and I'd prefer not to, anyways, since it defeats the purpose of ad revenue getting to ASFN.

I know I could become a contributor, but money is reasonably tight, and it's hard to justify spending $20 so I can read the boards on the go. These ads have only popped up in the past two weeks, so I don't know if anyone was particularly aware. Thought I'd bring it up.

Thanks for the feedback. Site owners have been notified.

From what I am gathering from this thread, most people understand that ad revenue is necessary to keep this site alive, but a 90 second video intrusion is turning off a lot of people.

Hopefully this can be resolved, but not promising anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard