Damn..i sure miss these ...best look ever

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And this is when Cards wore the great lookin white uniforms at home...so you always saw these great uniforms

Yes & no. Definitely they wore white early in the season at home during their better seasons in the 70's. As soon as the weather cooled just a hair, they played in their red jerseys at home in St. Louis. In AZ (SDS), we only usually played 1 home game in September & that was definitely in the white jerseys. Probably wore whites at SDS well into October also. But, as soon as the weather allowed, we were back in our red jerseys for home games.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really dislike our whites now. I remember back in the 60's when the Steelers had the gold shoulder pads. I hated that look & still hate our red shoulder pad look. We need to get back to the all white jersey asap.

OP
OP
L

lester

Rookie
Reaction score
Yes & no. Definitely they wore white early in the season at home during their better seasons in the 70's. As soon as the weather cooled just a hair, they played in their red jerseys at home in St. Louis. In AZ (SDS), we only usually played 1 home game in September & that was definitely in the white jerseys. Probably wore whites at SDS well into October also. But, as soon as the weather allowed, we were back in our red jerseys for home games.
Allways white at home vs Cowboys...to make them wear their hated blue jerseys

OP
OP
L

lester

Rookie
Reaction score
I really dislike our whites now. I remember back in the 60's when the Steelers had the gold shoulder pads. I hated that look & still hate our red shoulder pad look. We need to get back to the all white jersey asap.
Yes....these uniforms now are beyond bad..even the players are complaining about them...and every team uniform survey i see has them ranked last or 31st...its bad when your own players hate your uniforms..like Deion Sanders said .."Look Good Play Good"

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We are due a refresh for a new era.
Man, could you imagine a modern version of that uni? We'd have the best unis in the NFL.

Somebody did one for a redesign competition

You must be registered for see images attach

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

It's the bane of my existence PA. That and the number font. Ugh!

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yes....these uniforms now are beyond bad..even the players are complaining about them...and every team uniform survey i see has them ranked last or 31st...its bad when your own players hate your uniforms..like Deion Sanders said .."Look Good Play Good"

Did I hear correctly that Kyler said the unis are terrible? I hadn't heard anyone else complain. Hoping that the franchise QB registering disgust helps get them changed.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Is he also from the UK...because these nightmares look like soccer players wearing helmets

Lester, I disagree. I would cut off a finger to switch to these. Just put the bird on the helmet and you've got a winner.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Remember the Bills shoulder pad look? My goodness those were the absolute worst. Ever. What's so bad about one color jerseys?!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn