Currently ranked 9th in offensive DVOA

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yeah a few guys had him pegged as Anquan lite. Really good player, he's going to be a really good player, I was surprised he went where he did he ran a 4.48 at the combine and everyone after it said he was one of the kids who really helped himself.

Injuries and the view that he was almost a RB playing receiver.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yea, at this point, I think we should aim hard for Epenesa. As much as I love Jeudy & Lamb, I think BPA defensive player is the way to go. We can still get a slightly poor mans Jeudy in the 2nd round named Tyler Johnson.
We need a difference maker on our DL, whether that be a DT or edge rusher? 2nd rd WR can be had just like you said but we did spend 3 draft picks on that position last yr. I'm still excited to see Butler play, he has height & speed, hands are a question mark though. With all the positions of need on this team, it's hard to say which way they go in the draft. Depends on FA signings really, the FA period comes first.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Supposedly this is the main reason he isn't playing much. Hasn't learned route adjustments quick enough.
Yeah, that play had me pissed. Was wondering why he didn't know to turn around? I get the rookie/experience thing but when he's in the game, someone should tell him what to do on every play. It worked for Drake. The Kirk drop made me mad also, he was wide open & had at least another 10-15 yds to RAC.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Jerry Jeudy please, we need a wr who can get open or get others open at all times.

Defense can wait. Too many games lost on offensive ineptness.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Some defensive names that have ties to Vance Joseph and/or fill similar defensive roles...the reason I point these names out is that Zach Kerr/Clinton McDonald/Tramaine Brock/Andre Branch all had ties to Joseph previously.

DE - Derek Wolfe
NT - Shelby Harris
DE - Adam Gotsis
CB - Chris Harris
S - Justin Simmons

Guys who potentially fill similar roles...

OLB/DE - Stephen Weatherly (similar profile to Bradley Chubb)
OLB - Vic Beasley (similar profile to Von Miller)
DE - Jihad Ward (similar profile to Wolfe and Gotis)
DE - Gerald McCoy (similar profile to Wolfe and Gotis)

I haven't looked as much at ILBs or DBs who meet similar profiles. Our secondary is going to come down to Joseph's feelings regarding Budda Baker, Dionte and Jalen Thompson as well as Robert Alford. If he is comfortable with all of their fit in his scheme and how they have progressed over the year, we may not see much in terms of FA to upgrade the secondary. If he doesn't, I expect to see the Cardinals make some moves.

A big name offensive line move that could happen is Conner McGovern if he doesn't get franchised. He beat out Max Garcia for the RG spot in 2018 under Kugler and moved to C once Parradis got injured for the year. Extending Shipley would not prevent this move from happening either.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Yea, at this point, I think we should aim hard for Epenesa. As much as I love Jeudy & Lamb, I think BPA defensive player is the way to go. We can still get a slightly poor mans Jeudy in the 2nd round named Tyler Johnson.

First month of the season seemed like the "real preseason" for us as well.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It’s actually the exact opposite. Our offense has done more than enough to win games but we can’t get stops when we need to get stops.

Both the Bucs and 49ers games we could have closed out with better offensive talent at the wr position

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Both the Bucs and 49ers games we could have closed out with better offensive talent at the wr position

like I said offense has done more than enough. We can’t get stops to save our lives. That’s the giant flaw in this team.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'm gonna disagree in that we gave up leads in both of these games that a better defense probably doesn't. So many 3rd and longs were converted that good defenses don't give up.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The offense cannot be considered “ dynamic” at this point. A big time #1 wr and te could move this offense into that category. That alone would help our defense.

so add the couple of pieces to the offense and everything else devote to defense.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I would not use the word dynamic to describe anything about this team.