Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO)

OP
OP
Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Ok, the guy who was a thin Chris Farley stomping the Rat-dog...holy hell...that made me laugh so damn hard. Terribly funny.

This show still has a little kick. I think it has jumped the proverbial shark a while back, but it still delivers just enough laughs to keep me tuning in.

"It was a rat. It was a rat!

Yeah, this season just doesn't seem to be tying everything together as well as it had in the past, but it's still very funny. Only LD could call someone a (blank) by drying his hands in the men's room. LOL.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks like Larry's going after the whole art imitating life thing with the Cheryl story line. Man, they just kicked Larry is the balls figuratively and literally over and over again in that episode.

OP
OP
Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
looks like Larry's going after the whole art imitating life thing with the Cheryl story line. Man, they just kicked Larry is the balls figuratively and literally over and over again in that episode.

Yeah, that storyline kinda came out of nowhere. :?

Lucy Lawless looks a lot different than I remembered, too.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow, last night's episode may have been the worst episode I've ever seen of Curb. A very mediocre season this year IMO.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow, last night's episode may have been the worst episode I've ever seen of Curb. A very mediocre season this year IMO.

I totally agree. Is that joke even current? Seriously...even for Larry that's just dumb.

I also agree it has been mediocre. A couple of really funny parts, but I don't have as much interest as I used to have. I watch out of the corner of my eye now, and my wife doesn't watch at all.

I did like his head shake at the end of the episode though. Visually funny. The whole doctor stuff at her house was a bit amusing...but it seems almost like he isn't even trying anymore. Weird...I can't put my finger on what is "wrong" with the show but something is really, really missing.

OP
OP
Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I thought last night's episode was pretty good. I hope the divorce thing is over and we're back to the funny.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought last night's episode was pretty good. I hope the divorce thing is over and we're back to the funny.

I thought most of the episode was REALLY unbelievable, but it had me laughing out loud a lot. different from the classic Curbs, but if he can make me laugh like last night, I'll cut him slack. Love seeing Bald Jeff.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't watched yet. I hope it is good because I'm very on the fence this season as to not watching anymore. The laughs don't outweigh the other stuff I could do for thirty minutes.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Episode with Cheryl was good.

Gerbil episode :| Just losing it, IMO.

WHAT?! Dude, the rest of the season was hit or miss, but I was DYING throughout this entire episode. Him going off on his asst. was priceless, Leon's line about the elevator was priceless... Jeff's face as Larry's about to give his toast... and the absolutely HILARIOUS decision for Larry to "go ghetto" was absolutely hilarious. If that's the last episode of the series, it goes down as the greatest comedic series finale of all time IMO.

Wow - I mean, my roomate and I were rolling. Just an absolutely classic episode. I actually PRAY that it's the end because if it is, it's absolutely perfect.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WHAT?! Dude, the rest of the season was hit or miss, but I was DYING throughout this entire episode. Him going off on his asst. was priceless, Leon's line about the elevator was priceless... Jeff's face as Larry's about to give his toast... and the absolutely HILARIOUS decision for Larry to "go ghetto" was absolutely hilarious. If that's the last episode of the series, it goes down as the greatest comedic series finale of all time IMO.

Wow - I mean, my roomate and I were rolling. Just an absolutely classic episode. I actually PRAY that it's the end because if it is, it's absolutely perfect.

Meh, it didn't resonate with me. It was, as most of the season seemed to be, mildly funny parts strong together but not held together well. I thought the Larry and the Blacks at the end was pretty damn funny (when I wrote the first post, I hadn't gotten to them at the bat mitzvah yet so I didn't know his date or anything further). The family shots of them were damn funny, but the rest of the ep wasn't so much.

Him and his asst...meh. Tickle in my anus..meh. I guess looking back there were a lot of funny parts (I loved the part about the sign in sheet..."I'm a fixer..I fix things that are broken and this is broken." that was great) but just overall I don't think (m)any of these episodes this season hung together as a whole show.

If anything, I'd say this season felt either (a) halfassed (b) rushed or (c) trying to squeeze water from a rock/milking jokes already done or not worth showing.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh, it didn't resonate with me. It was, as most of the season seemed to be, mildly funny parts strong together but not held together well. I thought the Larry and the Blacks at the end was pretty damn funny (when I wrote the first post, I hadn't gotten to them at the bat mitzvah yet so I didn't know his date or anything further). The family shots of them were damn funny, but the rest of the ep wasn't so much.

Him and his asst...meh. Tickle in my anus..meh.

it wasn't the tickle in my anus that I thought was hilarious, but Larry telling her to **** multiple times with rage boiling through him. That was priceless.

OP
OP
Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
So was that supposed to be the season/series finale or what?

Not a bad way at all for LD to end up!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D-Dog, I love ya, but I just watched the season finale again and I think you've got a screw loose - that episode was just hilarious... and there's never been anything funnier in the entire show than Suzie reading Larry the riot act only to have Vivica Fox step up and bitch-slap her ass to oblivion.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D-Dog, I love ya, but I just watched the season finale again and I think you've got a screw loose - that episode was just hilarious... and there's never been anything funnier in the entire show than Suzie reading Larry the riot act only to have Vivica Fox step up and bitch-slap her ass to oblivion.

Like I said (and I think this entire season was like this) there were a lot of funny parts in the episode but every episode this year seemed to lack a layer of continuity. It seemed like a very loosely related sketch comedy show, to me.

With that said, again...I didn't see the final third of the show when I first posted that I wasn't that impressed with the episode. The final third was great...Larry and the Blacks was a fantastic close and yes, Suzie getting (finally) punked was satisfying as hell.

On wiki they said there will be two more years of the show:

Season 7 (2008) – In early November of 2007, The New York Post, as well as an Entourage actor, confirmed that Larry David has agreed to make at least two more seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm. This means at least 20 more new episodes in the next 2-3 years.

I hope they take off from the way this episode ended than the way the season led up to it.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There were a couple episodes this season that just weren't all that funny to me, but overall I thought it was great. I agree regarding the scene at the end with Suzie and Fox. I thought I was going to die.

Joe

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There were a couple episodes this season that just weren't all that funny to me, but overall I thought it was great. I agree regarding the scene at the end with Suzie and Fox. I thought I was going to die.

Joe

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree regarding the scene at the end with Suzie and Fox. I thought I was going to die.

Joe

it goes down as one of the greatest moments in TV history as far as I'm concerned. I LOVE Suzie's character and think she's hilarious in the show,but finally seeing someone step up to her and bitchslap her ass with Larry taunting in the background was absolutely priceless.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
The main cast from Seinfeld is going to have a story arc in the new season of Curb Your Enthusiasm.
http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/03/seinfeld-cast-t.html?cnn=yes

I don't have HBO but every time I am at my parents house or a friends who has it I watch. This may move me to finally getting the HBO package because this reunites Larry David and the Seinfeld cast. Can't wait to see the craziness that ensues.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We have just been watching these ala blockbuster video since we don't have cable. An amazing show. Larry David makes me feel good as a husband watching him screw up even more than I do.

Glad to see the show is going strong and can't wait till the next season makes it to Blockbuster.