Culpepper signs 10-year $102 million extension

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
That is a lot of money

That is a lot of money but the people in Minnesota should be VERY happy. I do not like Culpepper as a person, but there is not questioning his ability. Good job for the Vikings. That should be something that the Cardinals should learn from. If you get a great player on your team KEEP HIM!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I suspect his deal is a lot like Bledsoe's and McNabb's where there's all kinds of voidables or ways for the VIkings to get out of it early if they choose. The main reason for the length is to make the signing bonus more cap friendly.

THis is a big year for him that offense has really fallen apart from injuries, FA losses, death of Stringer, they really need Daunte to start protecting the ball a bit more the talent is clearly there but he's been trying to do too much by himself the last 2 years.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Re: Re: Culpepper signs 10-year $102 million extension

Originally posted by Russ Smith
I suspect his deal is a lot like Bledsoe's and McNabb's where there's all kinds of voidables or ways for the VIkings to get out of it early if they choose. The main reason for the length is to make the signing bonus more cap friendly.

THis is a big year for him that offense has really fallen apart from injuries, FA losses, death of Stringer, they really need Daunte to start protecting the ball a bit more the talent is clearly there but he's been trying to do too much by himself the last 2 years.
Part of his problem was when he first started in the NFL he had Carter and Moss catching EVERYTHING he threw... I remember watching him force alot of balls only to get them caught for TD's! So now with Carter gone and Moss self distructing, his forced passes are not working anymore...

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Culpepper signs 10-year $102 million extension

Originally posted by BEERZ
Part of his problem was when he first started in the NFL he had Carter and Moss catching EVERYTHING he threw... I remember watching him force alot of balls only to get them caught for TD's! So now with Carter gone and Moss self distructing, his forced passes are not working anymore...

Not to mention that he fumbles way too often for a kid his size. From a skinny kid like Mike Vick, I understand it a little more, but it seems like I could strip the ball away from him.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He has pretty much sucked the last two years. Okay he was decent. But 102 million should be reserved for more than decent.

His talent is undeniable, but can he get back to his rookie year form? Personally I would want to know the answer to that question before signing him to a 102 million dollar deal.

He is about as talented as Mcnabb.

But he sure hasn't performed like mcNabb.

Plus, I don't know if culpepper would play on a broken ankle or other injuries.

McNabb did. I think that sort of gutsy effort earned him $10 million of his contract. (for that game, and piece of mind when he has future dings and dents)

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
Originally posted by CardsFan88
He has pretty much sucked the last two years. Okay he was decent. But 102 million should be reserved for more than decent.

His talent is undeniable, but can he get back to his rookie year form? Personally I would want to know the answer to that question before signing him to a 102 million dollar deal.

He is about as talented as Mcnabb.

But he sure hasn't performed like mcNabb.

Plus, I don't know if culpepper would play on a broken ankle or other injuries.

McNabb did. I think that sort of gutsy effort earned him $10 million of his contract. (for that game, and piece of mind when he has future dings and dents)

i bet he would play against the cardinals on a broken ankle

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard