Cowboys call foul(s)

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Hmm the cursed championship? Pottsville Marooners slurping up their reckoning?

Let’s see, how about the MLB playoffs , letting convicted steroid Brewers play and lead the all star game? How about the suns playoff having their team benched by a crooked referee on the Vegas take? How about bounty gate - Kurt’s last game in the playoffs against the saints? Arizona has had enough!

Cards have way more bad calls and no calls the cowpies will ever have to puke up. But at least the media may not turn a blind eye on their wounded media darling. They can stick their head up their AZ and fight for air. Tricky tack got them scores.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The tiny bid of validity in the Cowboys rant is that "holding" could be legitimately called on every single play in pro football.... It's a judgement call of not if, but how bad..... ;)

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
"America's Team" setting the Cardinals up for a real hose job in the playoffs!

Please god don't let the refs take it away from us. If the Cowboys beat us fair and square, great, but at least call it even.
This is entirely it right here. Gamesmanship.... if they garner some press on the issue it is likely the next go round they get a few breaks,.....and that could change the game.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I believe McCarthy's bitching was a smoke screen to steer away from the fact that his healthy NFL leading offense (YPG I believe) scored a putrid 7 points in 3 quarters.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Clearly the NFL is rigged. The officials are doing whatever they can to assure the league's dream Super Bowl Matchup of the Cardinals v. Bengals.
Ha-ha. You mean Brady vs. well....whoever right? Lol.
No in all serious the league is probably hoping for a Brady vs. Mahomes again or an LA Rams (market) vs. New England (market). Hell come to think of it...they may wanna play up Brady and yep the Raiders due to the legendary Madden passing. I dunno...but it'll be fake and made for tv of course. All sports leagues went full-on WWF last time I checked.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ha-ha. You mean Brady vs. well....whoever right? Lol.
No in all serious the league is probably hoping for a Brady vs. Mahomes again or an LA Rams (market) vs. New England (market). Hell come to think of it...they may wanna play up Brady and yep the Raiders due to the legendary Madden passing. I dunno...but it'll be fake and made for tv of course. All sports leagues went full-on WWF last time I checked.
Imo they want a Packers/Chiefs rematch from Super Bowl 1 & believe it or not that game was played in Los Angeles in the in LA Memorial Coliseum. What a story that would make being the SB will be in Los Angeles this year at so fi.

Last edited:

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Never mind that they need a ton of bogus penalties to even score their first points? Wah always cry and not look at the help they got not to mention they held and tackled CJ all game long with very few if any calls for it!

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Never mind that they need a ton of bogus penalties to even score their first points? Wah always cry and not look at the help they got not to mention they held and tackled CJ all game long with very few if any calls for it!
CJ was being strangled and no call.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing is even Aikman who was blatantly cheering for Dallas in the game, admitted the holds were good calls. on the one where the TE is clapping at the ref mockingly they showed the replay and Aikman said yes that's a hold, and it was his hold that sprung the runner on the play.

I'm sure we got away with some things but if you're going to complain about calls at least complain about calls that aren't clearly the correct call.

They were complaining about the PI call on the fake punt and it didn't even matter it was a catch.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The thing is even Aikman who was blatantly cheering for Dallas in the game, admitted the holds were good calls. on the one where the TE is clapping at the ref mockingly they showed the replay and Aikman said yes that's a hold, and it was his hold that sprung the runner on the play.

I'm sure we got away with some things but if you're going to complain about calls at least complain about calls that aren't clearly the correct call.

They were complaining about the PI call on the fake punt and it didn't even matter it was a catch.
YeH they were complaining about the PI which was so over the top clear it’s not even arguable, yet they have no issue getting fake calls in their favor right?? Screw those whiners we were missing half our damn offense they are fully healthy and whining about officiating that clearly helped them most of the game? It’s not like they had the lead and the non fumble would’ve won them the game geesh!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There were bad calls for sure, or missed, like a blatant hold by Josh Jones that wasn't called and a bunch of us called it out on the game thread when it happened.