Congrats

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
The cards definitely put it on them

Qwest was rocking and the place was very pumped up - but a methodical first drive and then the kickoff and fumble really ended the game in the 1st period

seattle's O-Line was awful, even with extra help in

hass made bad decisions

and warner really makes your offense click - i've said it time and again, his detractors shouldn't be upset ....... the way the guy moves the ball with accuracey and timeliness makes it very difficult ..... getting carved up 8 yards at a time with a quick tempo keeps the defense on it's heels

seattle's pass rush didn't get there at all today

now it's into the bye week with even lower expectations and a greater injury list

i still think the division belongs to you guys - enjoy it because seattle will be adding another 2 first rounders to make a charge next year :D

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for manning up. Sorry about Tatupu

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
It is unfortunate how the injury has hit you guys... the season and division race is far from over. But, Cards took a big step today.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're a good guy MO.

On the kickoff though, it was a long onsides kick, not a fumble. No one from Seattle ever had the ball. That's the third time Whisenhunt has called it, that I remember, and it's worked every time. Once, was in the opener in the Niners game last year, then against the Eagles in the NFC Championship (where the officials blew the call and called it out of bounds) and then today. Actually, I think there was another time they tried it last year and the other team caught it, but I can't remember the opponent. I think it was the second game against the Niners.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Classy post. You guys have been decimayed by injuries. Unfortunately I think you guys are a couple of years away now.

anks106

Registered
Reaction score
You're a good guy MO.

On the kickoff though, it was a long onsides kick, not a fumble. No one from Seattle ever had the ball. That's the third time Whisenhunt has called it, that I remember, and it's worked every time. Once, was in the opener in the Niners game last year, then against the Eagles in the NFC Championship (where the officials blew the call and called it out of bounds) and then today. Actually, I think there was another time they tried it last year and the other team caught it, but I can't remember the opponent. I think it was the second game against the Niners.

I think he was talking about the Brob sack/FF when he mentioned the fumble

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There was a point in the 3rd quarter where I was saying "Come on Hasselbeck, at least make a play" just because I wanted the Cards to be respected for the win. As it is right now with Seattle rolling over, no one seems to be covering our game. It was a laugher.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
you got a good one in Curry though Guy was all over the field today

ReddBird

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the words, Osprey.

You can bet that nobody in the media (outside of AZ) will say much about the Cardinals....

OP
OP
MigratingOsprey

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
yeah - i was talking about the sack with the fumble

the injuries are uncanny and although everyone says that it's the same strength coaches doing the same things for the past 6 years, there are so many pulls, strains, etc that I want to see a change this offseason .... it just doesn't make sense

2nd year in a row losing a starter to pectoral tear .... really?!

this offseason will be important, but even then it takes young guys some time to learn the ins and outs - i think they need at least 2 more guys on the OL, a DB, a RB and a QBOF

don't want to clutter your board with seahawks problems - we have enough clutter on our own boards

the cards played a hell of a game and you fans should be excited about that and I think you're clearly better than SF (which i'm still not overly impressed with)

OP
OP
MigratingOsprey

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
yeah - i really like curry, he plays the game the right way and does the off the field stuff really nicely as well

i'm also still proud to be a seahawks fan because of the quality of the franchise - little things most wont hear of - like one of the guys from the seahawks board made a post about following the team from baghdad ... one of the seahawks execs read it and last week they had him on the field for all the pre-game stuff as kind of a thank you for service

it's just a well organized franchise and as long as they continue to do that they wont stay down forever

as for the media?! - it really doesn't matter

i quit getting hung up on that a long time ago - NFC west teams have represented the NFC in the SB 4 times this decade ...... our fanbases aren't the largest and they'll never cater to us, but we have our own communities that do a better job anyway

Reaction score
i'm also still proud to be a seahawks fan because of the quality of the franchise
I want to add that I really enjoy your participation on this board. :cheers:

You support your team, as you should, but you keep it real.

Its good to get the perspective of the opponents from their own fans as long as like Osprey they don't bring all the typical BS.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i quit getting hung up on that a long time ago - NFC west teams have represented the NFC in the SB 4 times this decade ...... our fanbases aren't the largest and they'll never cater to us, but we have our own communities that do a better job anyway

It's the only division where all the franchises have gone to the Super Bowl in the last 15 years. It's also the division with the best playoff winning percentage in the NFC over the last 5 years. Our division doesn't have to apologize to anyone.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Wow. Great thread and no surprise it was started by Osprey... Way to go dude. You are a credit to your fanbase.

:thumbup:

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Thanks Migrating Osprey! I really thought the Hawks should have grabbed one of the offensive tackles last draft, but Aaron Curry is working out and contributing. Best wishes to you, and bad wishes to the Seahawks. ;)

jaguarpaw81

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Good stuff man. I see these two teams battling for the division for the next 5 years. You'll get a OT and a QB in the draft this year and be scary again soon.

chickenhead

Reaction score
yeah - i really like curry, he plays the game the right way and does the off the field stuff really nicely as well

i'm also still proud to be a seahawks fan because of the quality of the franchise - little things most wont hear of - like one of the guys from the seahawks board made a post about following the team from baghdad ... one of the seahawks execs read it and last week they had him on the field for all the pre-game stuff as kind of a thank you for service

it's just a well organized franchise and as long as they continue to do that they wont stay down forever

as for the media?! - it really doesn't matter

Cards franchise and fans can learn a few things from the Seahawks, because we're slowly undergoing the same transformation. Looking forward to the day when the division is held high in the media.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good job MO.

I was just wondering what you thought of all the dancing around and celebrating the Seahawks D was doing down 17-0.

:)

OP
OP
MigratingOsprey

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
well, figuring 17-0 was in the 1st quarter, i didn't mind it

they were still in the game, did a good job to keep them out for a 3rd TD and had a couple good stops

the cards did a good job at holding seattle to a FG following the fake punt though and then carlson dropped that pass over the middle and hass just missed on the bomb to butler

i'm glad they were trying to keep their energy up and trying to stay in the game after such a lousy start

they didn't have enough to compete, but I think a few of the players were really out there trying - most of them were on defense (kerney, curry, etc)

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Osprey, Brighteyes is right. Most of us DO feel your pain. We long time Cardinals fans know much about pain and suffering.

My son lived in your city for two years, and adopted your team while there. He still thinks well of your entire organization and especially your fans in that great stadium.

I love Seattle and the great Pacific NorthWest. It is a beautiful place with many fascinating cultures. Our family wishes you the best down the road. We enjoy having you come here to post. You are a class act. Good luck my friend.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Thanks.

This is the only point of sympathy I will ever have towards any Seattle thing in this world. That sucked about Tatupu....there I said it.

But I will disagree. Your pass rush definatily got there.