Comparing Jimmy G and Kylers stats

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Before seeing their stats while reading a write up for the game I would assume that kyler would be blowing jimmy away. Wasn’t the case though, AZ has played one more game than SF so far this season. Kyler only leads Jimmy by 509 passing yards but kyler has 103 more attempts. Jimmy leads in TDs 9 to 7 but also leads in INT 7 to 4. Jimmy leads in passer rating 93.6 to 85.8.

Before the sanders trade I would say the weapons for each team were pretty identical. Could it be kyler is just a much more mobile version of jimmy G? If that’s the case would you be okay with that? Also does that mean we need a stud defense to succeed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
I would also argue jimmys weapons are a bit better. Kittle is better than any skill player we have on offense and they have a dominant run game, which is definitely part coaching and offensive line but still helps jimmy on the field.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Don't they have a plethora of 1st rounders on their front 7?

It starts in the trenches and the Niners are proof of how to rebuild.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Absolutely silly to compare these 2 QB's. It's hard to fathom how good K1 would be in Shanahan's offense. Jimmy G would resemble Rosen if he had to play behind our OL.

OP
OP
HoodieBets

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I would also argue jimmys weapons are a bit better. Kittle is better than any skill player we have on offense and they have a dominant run game, which is definitely part coaching and offensive line but still helps jimmy on the field.

Kittle and Fitz have very similar stats this year.

OP
OP
HoodieBets

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Absolutely silly to compare these 2 QB's. It's hard to fathom how good K1 would be in Shanahan's offense. Jimmy G would resemble Rosen if he had to play behind our OL.
SF had 2 big injuries to their offensive line to start the year the difference is their young guys stepped up. I’m starting to think it’s more of a coaching deficiency rather than a talent deficiency on our OLine. Once guys leave here they are much better all of a sudden.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
The 49ers have one of the best rushing attacks in football, 2nd in the NFL, that helps the passing game when defenses have to respect the run.

Garoppolo also has the benefit of multiple NFL training camps and I have a feeling what we see with him now is about the best it is going to get. He'll never be a top 10 QB.

Murray has 1 year of experience as a starter in college and less than 1 full season--he has the edge in upside, whether he will make the most of that upside only time will tell. He has potential to be among the best in the league.

OP
OP
HoodieBets

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I think this comparison makes Kyler look better.

It wasn’t meant to make him look better or worse just interesting. It made me think maybe we are focusing on the wrong side of the ball and need to shore up the trenches and the D instead of trading for skill players and drafting 3 WRs.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Before seeing their stats while reading a write up for the game I would assume that kyler would be blowing jimmy away. Wasn’t the case though, AZ has played one more game than SF so far this season. Kyler only leads Jimmy by 509 passing yards but kyler has 103 more attempts. Jimmy leads in TDs 9 to 7 but also leads in INT 7 to 4. Jimmy leads in passer rating 93.6 to 85.8.

Before the sanders trade I would say the weapons for each team were pretty identical. Could it be kyler is just a much more mobile version of jimmy G? If that’s the case would you be okay with that? Also does that mean we need a stud defense to succeed?

2 rushing TD's for Kyler puts them even on TD's.

103 more attempts at his current 63.7% comp rate = 65.6 more completions.

509 more yards on 65.6 more completions = 7.75 air yards per attempt. Better than his existing 6.8y/pa number

Kyler 7 games in is performing better to or on par with Jimmy. Big difference: A world class top-2 defense.

OP
OP
HoodieBets

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
2 rushing TD's for Kyler puts them even on TD's.

103 more attempts at his current 63.7% comp rate = 65.6 more completions.

509 more yards on 65.6 more completions = 7.75 air yards per attempt. Better than his existing 6.8y/pa number

Kyler 7 games in is performing better to or on par with Jimmy. Big difference: A world class top-2 defense.

I think that’s the point the league is changing. The only 2 undefeated teams left are doing it through defense and not offense. Maybe this is the changing of the tide.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It wasn’t meant to make him look better or worse just interesting. It made me think maybe we are focusing on the wrong side of the ball and need to shore up the trenches and the D instead of trading for skill players and drafting 3 WRs.

I didn’t take your post that way. It was an interesting comparison which I thought made what Kyler is doing even more impressive.

He’s a rookie quarterback with limited weapons especially at this point.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score

Actually these stats are even more amazing when you realize that SF is averaging 181 YPG rushing.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
SF had 2 big injuries to their offensive line to start the year the difference is their young guys stepped up. I’m starting to think it’s more of a coaching deficiency rather than a talent deficiency on our OLine. Once guys leave here they are much better all of a sudden.

I would agree in the past that it was a coaching deficiency, but not the case this year. From a pure talent standpoint, our OL doesn't measure up at all. If not for Murray's ability to escape, our sack totals would be on a record setting pace.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson