Colvin!!!!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
Chronic Knee Problems.

That's my guess.

That's my guess too. I bitched and moaned about Fergie's handling of Mark Smith but it became plainly obvious later that the reason they didn't want to do a long term deal was they knew Mark's knee was worse than public knowledge.

I've had a torn patellar tendon and I have patellar tendonitis, I know it hurts and I know it doesn't go away. Saying a knee is intanct is totally different than saying it's pain free. I think the Cards felt that David's obsession with bodybuilding was becoming counterproductive to his career, that was simply carrying too much weight, and they were concerned it would be a constant problem with him nursing a sore knee.

If he came out at 225 this year I think he'd be a much better player, quicker, faster, and less wear and tear on his legs, and I hope that's what he does for his sake even if he's not a Card anymore.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by imaCafan
Colvin has chronis knee problems!?!?!?! Don't sign this dude!!!!!!!!!

No Colvin has "chronic" shoulder porblems. The knee issue was about Boston.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
Chronic Knee Problems.

That's my guess.

For a split second I laughed because it seemed like you were answering cheesebeef's question as to why Tango was banned for a week.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Got chronic (that's better!) shoulder problems myself. Had one operated on 12 years ago, at the age of 33. Within six months I was working out (for the first time) and got my bench press up to 300# (at 5'7", 170#!) I would guess, since I haven't had knee problems, that shoulder problems are WAY easier to fix and deal with.

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
LOL...yeah those chronic knee problems tend to send Skkorp ballistic.
:D

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
i have the best of both worlds, chronic knee and shoulder problems!!! reconstructed knee, slip shoulder, and a degenerative shoulder condition in the other. amazingly enough, my reconstructed knee has held up much better than the two shoulders!

hey tango, chicken little here, newsflash: the Cardinals' sky has already fallen.

WHEEEEEEEEEEE!

(11, i thought tango was banned for his chronic knee also)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by PHXSPORTS4LIFE
i have the best of both worlds, chronic knee and shoulder problems!!! reconstructed knee, slip shoulder, and a degenerative shoulder condition in the other. amazingly enough, my reconstructed knee has held up much better than the two shoulders!

hey tango, chicken little here, newsflash: the Cardinals' sky has already fallen.

WHEEEEEEEEEEE!

(11, i thought tango was banned for his chronic knee also)

I told you yesterday PHX - don't start again. I got called son, weak and negative today.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Russ Smith
That's my guess too. I bitched and moaned about Fergie's handling of Mark Smith but it became plainly obvious later that the reason they didn't want to do a long term deal was they knew Mark's knee was worse than public knowledge.

I've had a torn patellar tendon and I have patellar tendonitis, I know it hurts and I know it doesn't go away. Saying a knee is intanct is totally different than saying it's pain free. I think the Cards felt that David's obsession with bodybuilding was becoming counterproductive to his career, that was simply carrying too much weight, and they were concerned it would be a constant problem with him nursing a sore knee.

If he came out at 225 this year I think he'd be a much better player, quicker, faster, and less wear and tear on his legs, and I hope that's what he does for his sake even if he's not a Card anymore.

Graves could have said that if it was true. He could have said that he did not think he could hold up for a full year. There is nothing wrong with that.

But he said there was things he could not talk about. Probably because there wasn't anything there and he blew it. He under estimated DB's worth. He was bone head.

Graves bet the farm and lost. Now he is trying to blow over it and get on. He asks us to be patient and not ask questions about his reasons because they are based on something he can not talk about. Right... there was no problem. I read on this board that DB was able to sqat 400lbs. Doesn't sound like a knee injury to me. I am assuming SD did a physical and nothing was reported. No. Graves just tried to play hardball because Billy told him to. He bet the farm and lost. Now we need a #1WR and hope we can sign our guys. JMO

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison