Colvin Update, positive news

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cardinals | Negotiating With Colvin - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
21:00 PT: AzCardinals.com reports Arizona Cardinals GM Rod Graves confirmed he has begun negotiations with free agent LB Rosevelt Colvin (Bears).

He is due to go to Jacksonville tomorrow, lets not let him go!!!

az643dp

"The Tugboat"
Reaction score
Here's the article that kffl is referring to. Look at the very last paragraph:

http://www.azcardinals.com/press/pressdetails.php?sid=1106

New York Jets linebacker James Darling visited the Cardinals Training Facility on Thursday, March 6. Darling is the second linebacker to visit with the Cardinals front office and coaching staff this week, the first being Bears linebacker Rosevelt Colvin.

Darling has visited with Cleveland and has plans to visit with Detroit next, but hopes to end the free agent process soon.

“To be honest, I hate being a free agent,” shared Darling. “Being a free agent, you don’t belong anywhere. You don’t have a home. I always like to know where I am at and so I’d like the whole thing to be over.”

Darling’s main criteria in signing with a team is finding someplace where there is legitimate open competition.

“A lot of teams say there is open competition but there is really not,” stated Darling. “I am looking for a place for open competition at my position. If you can get to a team that says we have six backers, nine in camp and we have to find three starters. That is what I like to hear.”

Darling also has had first-hand experience battling against the Cardinals during his playing days with Philadelphia and feels like the Cardinals have a lot of talent already in place.

“When I was in Philly, these guys always beat us,” offered Darling. “It seemed like we’d be ahead with two minutes left, and you guys would be walking off the field winners. We always regarded it as a tough game against the type of players…it always seemed like a lot of scrappy players with a lot of heart.”

Darling has played inside and outside linebacker positions and has also been a productive special teams player. His versatility could also be helpful for the Cardinals linebacker corps, a unit that was hit with injuries last year.

“I am the kind of player that is going to run around, be fast, and play you physical,” said Darling of what he had to offer to the Cardinals.

The Cardinals have not yet extended an offer to Darling. Rod Graves confirmed however, that he has begun negotiations with Rosevelt Colvin.

OP
OP
R

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dude, if the Cardinals can get Colvin under contract, that will be a huge hurdle for this off season. I hope they can switch him to play DE on rushing downs.