Colvin Now Mulling Multiple Offers?

az643dp

"The Tugboat"
Reaction score
Bears | Colvin Now Mulling Multiple Offers? - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
12:59 PT: Updating an ongoing story, Larry Mayer reports for Chicagobears.com free agent LB Rosevelt Colvin (Bears) was reportedly mulling offers from the four teams he visited: the Detroit Lions, New York Giants, Arizona Cardinals and Jacksonville Jaguars.

Attachments

• colvin visor.jpg
    colvin visor.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 180

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If based on dollars...probably... Detroit, NY and Jacksonville have other qualities....Detroit has the mooch and a very good young QB. Jacksonville, nice weather, no state income tax. NY...well is NY...The city never sleeps.

We have money but no qb. No Wr. A first year OC (although I think Sully will be good it is still his first time) No other defensive help. He could be the only D FA we sign. He may want others around to help. That would be my question if I was comming here. Football is a team sport and you need help. One man will only make a difference if all the other pieces are there.

So, if it is purely money than we are the best choice. But we also have alot of questions lingering and hanging over our heads.

Let's hope he sees more here and Graves gets some more help besides Colvin.

General Chaos

Gronko = Man Beast
Reaction score
The cards are faced will a real problem. No one wants to be the first to sign. All these FA's want to see if the orgainzation is committed by signing other players first. So they need to toss some good money at a guy like Okeafor where he wont break the bank but we will impress colvin.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree....Graves should be sharing his plan with these guys. Envision them on what will be taking place in the Desert. However, I question Graves having a plan. All I have heard is that it will take a long time to fix and he does not want us to discount the young guys on this team (McCown, Grace, etc), and that he is not willing to overpay or make anyone a millionaire that he does not think should be one. The last point is great but I question Graves ability to really evaluate talent and the market. He really blew it with Boston. Was Boston a once in a lifetime mistake or is it how Graves will operate....I don't know. Right now I don't like him and his choices. Hopefully he can win me over. I will be willing to change my mind but blind, benefit of the doubt faith I will not give at this point. I will be critical until given proof otherwise. Sorry...Just tired of the same ole losing crap.

I am afraid the only plan Graves has is to save money.