Colvin appears headed to Arizona?

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/bears.asp

Link "borrowed" from the NU guy.

"The Bears also are on the verge of losing unrestricted free agent linebacker Rosey Colvin, who was in Arizona on Wednesday and could sign as soon as today with the Cardinals."

"
But the Cardinals, who have more than $30 million in cap room and lost Pro Bowl wide receiver David Boston on Wednesday in addition to Plummer, have money to burn and a need to add impact players. Colvin appears headed there.

"I'm looking for somebody who wants me to be part of the team," Colvin said. "I was looking for that in Chicago, but they haven't expressed that much interest.

"I just want to be a part of a team that wants me there, part of an organization that is looking forward to winning ballgames and ultimately winning the Super Bowl."

Colvin seems certain to get at least $4 million a year in a long-term deal, a financial commitment the Bears are unwilling to approach. But Colvin said he has not ruled out returning to the Bears and credited them in part for his success, which included 21 sacks over the past two seasons."

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I also read that Colvin would like to try returning to DE which he played in college. Wonder if that could play into Arizona's thinking?

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb
I also read that Colvin would like to try returning to DE which he played in college. Wonder if that could play into Arizona's thinking?

In addition to a boatload of money, I think that might be one of our biggest selling points.

I think we already have a decent LB corps, and it would only make sense to play Colvin at DE--at least in obvious passing situations. Arizona doesn't blitz the LBs enough for Colvin's pass rushing skills to come into play here. If we aren't going to play him at DE, I think we out to sign Peterson if we're looking to add a LB.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA