Coach Wilks stay or go poll

Should Coach Wilks be fired or get another year?

• Total voters

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
2 choices stay or go.

Just curious how many support him getting another chance. Every single coach we have fired over the years had their share of supporters right up until the end.

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Damn autocorrect, mods please change Wills to Wilks thanks.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I think he should go.

but I dont think he will.

Mike is trying to fashion this team after the seahags...he wants the dominant D and a clock eating O...
our defense shows signs of coming around and one can argue the mccoy problems,...added to losing every single starter on the oline...well, would make it hard for any coach to post a winning record.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Historically bad.

There is bad, then there is being the arguably the worse of all time for a franchise that is over 100 years old.

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I think he should go.

My fear is you are right and if that is the case all the ground they have gained building a fan base will start to wither away fairly quickly. The only ones still around will be the ones here and the SDS days.

I left AZ in 2006, I remember times being the only person wearing any Cardinals gear when I went out. I was back visiting family prior to the Super Bowl run and in one of the local grocery stores every employee was wearing something Cardinal related one Sunday morning before a game, that was awesome. If Wilks stays it will be long time before we see that type of stuff again. Face it people support a winner especially the transient nature of AZ fans and with this franchises history it is all too easy to go back to saying same old Cardinals.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I would preface my answer by saying that I'm not really qualified to evaluate an NFL coach's performance, especially when I don't have all the information necessary to do so (like, for example, Mike B has for Wilkes).

However, I can't help but conclude that the team team appears to be rudderless, and that there have been many very questionable decisions made during the year, for which I believe Wilkes bears at least some responsibility.

To my layman's eye, we appear to be an incredibly poorly coached team. Astoundingly so.

Wilkes is definitely not solely responsible for this debacle, but neither do I think he's part of the solution.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think he should go.

Mike is trying to fashion this team after the seahags...he wants the dominant D and a clock eating O...
our defense shows signs of coming around and one can argue the mccoy problems,...added to losing every single starter on the oline...well, would make it hard for any coach to post a winning record.

If that is what he wants to build, then he has done such a poor job in building the roster, or educating Keim in what he wants on his roster, that he should be fired anyways for incompetence.

If we are building the Seahawks, we go after Allen (taken) or Lamar Jackson in the draft, and no loss of capital with the latter.

We go after Tyrod, and possibly Gabbert, as vet QBs. Not Bradford, not Glennon, not Rosen.

We draft maulers for the OL, skipping Kirk in rd 2. We never sign Pugh.

We pursue massive roster churn before training camp, like Seattle did year one under Carroll.

We don't gift DJ a big contract to not fit the direction of the new offense.

So, if this was the desire and everyone agreed, both coach and GM should be fired - they executed terribly. So terribly that I believe Wilks has no clue to what he needs on offense and how to select an OC to do that, and the defense is worse after he took over. Not one measure has improved except special teams.

So fire both, but at the least, fire Wilks and get someone who knows how to build what they need to succeed.

Last edited:

sr7706

Registered
Reaction score
Think its bad now, wait until hes not fired at the end of the year..

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
MB should fire him but he really needs to have a replacement ready to take his place. There will be lots of HC openings and if the Cards once again take the last man standing approach it won't be any better. I know legally the Cards can't contact perspective HCs while the season is still in progress but they should do their homework to make a quick move.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm willing to give ANYONE other than Wilks a chance... He was dealt a crappy hand with our roster and idiot GM... But he showed ZERO ability to make an adjustment.

I want a new GM to find a new Head Coach.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Black Monday is right around the corner, and the folks over at BetOnline.AG released their odds for the next head coach in the NFL to be fired, and guess who is at the top spot with a bullet.

Steve Wilks 2/1

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, if he does return....I will have a hard time caring about what we do because I'd expect garbage results

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Learn from the very expensive mistake and move on. And don't blow the top 3 draft choice!!!

According to the poll, 95% of fans agree. I will respect Michael tremendously if he fires Wilks. It’s going to cost a fortune but will prove he cares about the fans

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson