Clippers @ Suns Wednesday game thread 4-28-2021

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So . . . trolling is cool. Got it.
It's not. Might I interest you in a moderator job where you can decide what is trolling and what isn't?

It has excellent benefits.

It pays nothing and has no benefits

It frequently infringes on your time away from work with your family.

Friends might PM you / call you when they are mad. They get really upset when you don't respond immediately.

Friends might PM / Text / call you to tell you about how they are about to get banned and "apologize". So you have to ban your friends.

Your opinion is always lensed from a position of authority. Why have an opinion at all?

You will read opinions that you agree with but don't jive with the board rules so you do what's right.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Right. PG makes and incredible play and hits a circus shots and it’s OMG AYTON IS KILLING US!!!

no big time guys make big time plays when you need them and Booker ain’t been big time in a close 4th in a minute.
Philly, just a few games back?
It's funny - like folks around here don't watch the NBA and are fixated on some other variation of the sport. Probably the ultimate "team" team is the Jazz. Loaded with sharpshooting vets. Yet at the end of games, they have Mitchell "hero ball". And their fans lament it too (I am in the SLC market so I hear it quite a bit). Clippers go PG mode - wonder what he was doing in year 6 after 5 years of crap and trusting about no one else on his team? Lakers go Lebron, Nets get to choose, Bucks go Giannis, etc. Every team does isolation, even without one of the top 10 players.
This is still a very young team. Booker with Paul on the floor is more successful than Booker without Paul. And vice-versa. Everyone is still growing. I don't get nearly as frustrated with Booker (except pouty Book) as I do with Ayton because Ayton could just always do the simple things and seem to actually give a damn and the result would be 50% better - even in his good games. And yet he is growing too.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's not. Might I interest you in a moderator job where you can decide what is trolling and what isn't?

It has excellent benefits.

It pays nothing and has no benefits

It frequently infringes on your time away from work with your family.

Friends might PM you / call you when they are mad. They get really upset when you don't respond immediately.

Friends might PM / Text / call you to tell you about how they are about to get banned and "apologize". So you have to ban your friends.

Your opinion is always lensed from a position of authority. Why have an opinion at all?

You will read opinions that you agree with but don't jive with the board rules so you do what's right.
You choose to be a mod. If you don’t like it, don’t do it. I have neither the time nor desire to do it. I appreciate that do so.

but as I said, my comments were based on your comments, not on your being a mod. Cheese and I agree a lot, and obviously we are brothers, but we aren’t the same person.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
by defending people Sanders told to leave the thread and go jerk each other off? Okay.

No, by calling me out on the DB stuff. We have much different memories of that issue. Apparently your memory is that I got all up in arms about it at some point. So, in your usual fashion, you've continued to bring it up every so often as one of your childish "gotcha" games. I wish you'd have the decency to beat the Sunstalk dead horse instead -- at least I know what you're talking about there. The only post I've made about DB in at least the last ten years was a one-off joke about how it might mean Devin Booker.

I'm sure you'll keep doing it, because you think it's clever or demonstrates some other kind of superiority over me. But to get sanctimonious against Chris when you're indulging in the same petty needling that you're accusing him of is pretty rich.

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My statement of a circle jerk was admittedly faulty. I should have been more succinct and less pejorative.

I just want to circle back that I admitted I should have used a different statement / tone. I don't want to further disrupt what should be a celebratory time.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I watch the games and then read the game threads after. It's usually a hoot.

Takeaways here.

1. Not having Kawhi in the game is a bummer. I usually don't care about this, but it just leaves that little bit of doubt in the minds of the Suns should they face the Clips in the playoffs. But it's out of their control. You have to play the teams you face. So this was taking care of business.
2. Frank has earned a spot ahead of Saric. He plays solid big man ball but has a nice three to go with it. Frank is not athletic but uses his size and is even playing decent D. We are better when he is in the rotation.
3. Cam Payne seems to be gaining confidence with each game. He is a potential starting pg somewhere soon. Probably not a starting pg on a championship caliber team but more than a back up. Hope we can keep him this summer.
4. People keep saying that Ayton doesn't know how to block out on rebounds. He does. I watch him do it all the time. Its just that when he doesn't do it, its so easy to see. He has good long stretches and then seems to forget for an entire game. Its weird.

I am still adjusting to the idea that we are going to the playoffs. Hasnt sunk in yet.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I watch the games and then read the game threads after. It's usually a hoot.

Takeaways here.

1. Not having Kawhi in the game is a bummer. I usually don't care about this, but it just leaves that little bit of doubt in the minds of the Suns should they face the Clips in the playoffs. But it's out of their control. You have to play the teams you face. So this was taking care of business.
2. Frank has earned a spot ahead of Saric. He plays solid big man ball but has a nice three to go with it. Frank is not athletic but uses his size and is even playing decent D. We are better when he is in the rotation.
3. Cam Payne seems to be gaining confidence with each game. He is a potential starting pg somewhere soon. Probably not a starting pg on a championship caliber team but more than a back up. Hope we can keep him this summer.
4. People keep saying that Ayton doesn't know how to block out on rebounds. He does. I watch him do it all the time. Its just that when he doesn't do it, its so easy to see. He has good long stretches and then seems to forget for an entire game. Its weird.

I am still adjusting to the idea that we are going to the playoffs. Hasnt sunk in yet.
watching the clippers post game that’s all they could talk about - how the suns couldn’t beat a full clippers team in a 7 game series. They’d talk for a minute about what actually happened in the game but couldn’t help themselves but keep returning to “yeah but . . . full team . . . 7 game series.” I smirking about them being poor losers. I’m not saying they’re wrong. I hate a matchup with them. But the fact they couldn’t just admit the defeat was lame and comical.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
watching the clippers post game that’s all they could talk about - how the suns couldn’t beat a full clippers team in a 7 game series. They’d talk for a minute about what actually happened in the game but couldn’t help themselves but keep returning to “yeah but . . . full team . . . 7 game series.” I smirking about them being poor losers. I’m not saying they’re wrong. I hate a matchup with them. But the fact they couldn’t just admit the defeat was lame and comical.

that is the most entitled team that has accomplished nothing I've ever seen.

I hate the matchup with them if they're healthy too, but after such an embarassing exit last season, you'd think the announcers would have a little humility.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We were missing Crowder and Saric too. They are in no way comparable to Kahwi, of course, but neither team was at full strength. You have to win the games you play. Can't change the rest.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
We were missing Crowder and Saric too. They are in no way comparable to Kahwi, of course, but neither team was at full strength. You have to win the games you play. Can't change the rest.
What, you don't think the, "No, keep the #1 seed no matter if you win or lose since you don't have Mitchell or Conley" line is viable?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What, you don't think the, "No, keep the #1 seed no matter if you win or lose since you don't have Mitchell or Conley" line is viable?
I must be dense. Not following. My guess, from the sarcastic tone of the post, the answer would be "no" but I am not sure.

BTW. Since they don't have Mitchell or Conley and since the #2 seed with a matchup potentially against Portland/Memphis might be better for the Suns than the #1 seed, why not rest CP3 for the Utah game?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
@Chaplin:

out of curiosity I went back and checked. From 9:16pm (when game roughly ended from posts in the game thread) to now here’s what I posted in all suns threads:

posted 34 times.
- 6 were negative (one of which was a whopping post of “agreed” to someone else’s negative post)
- 9 were positive
- 8 were neutral (not a topic that was negative or positive)
- 4 were about Chris sanders “******** posts”
- 7 were arguing with you

6/34 = 17.6% negative

not a majority.
Nowhere close to “90%”
And I’ve written more posts defending myself against you than were negative in the first place

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I must be dense. Not following. My guess, from the sarcastic tone of the post, the answer would be "no" but I am not sure.

BTW. Since they don't have Mitchell or Conley and since the #2 seed with a matchup potentially against Portland/Memphis might be better for the Suns than the #1 seed, why not rest CP3 for the Utah game?
You prefer to face Portland over either San Antonio or Dallas? I’d prefer the latter.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
@Chaplin:

out of curiosity I went back and checked. From 9:16pm (when game roughly ended from posts in the game thread) to now here’s what I posted in all suns threads:

posted 34 times.
- 6 were negative (one of which was a whopping post of “agreed” to someone else’s negative post)
- 9 were positive

6/34 = 17.6% negative

not a majority.
Nowhere close to “90%”
And I’ve written more posts defending myself against you than were negative in the first place
Stat padder.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You prefer to face Portland over either San Antonio or Dallas? I’d prefer the latter.
I prefer Portland/Memphis.

Coaching matters a lot in a playoff series and I am afraid Pop will somehow figure something out. Portland has Lillard. The coaching is not what San Antonio has. It's just me, and its probably more emotional than logical.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Chaplin:

posted 34 times.
- 9 were positive

6/34 = 17.6% negative

not a majority.
Nowhere close to “90%”

slow work day, huh?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose