Clippers not in same league

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
I still root for them, but boy were they dismantled by Spurs for second consecutive game (29 point loss away 22 point loss at home). Now they are 10-10 (1-9 on the road). I think the Clippers are only one player away from being a dominant team (if that player were Tim Duncan or Steve Nash). It's a lot more fun to cheer for the Suns who can play with anybody. Great 2OT win against Nets and pretty impressive rout of Magic on the road.

jibikao

Reaction score
You know, Clippers played quite well at very early of the season and you would think Clippers is going to be better since they showed some light late last season.

Weird. What is going on on that team? Chemistry problem? Brand is playing hurt?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think a lot of teams are a Nash or a Duncan away from being a dominant team :|

jibikao

Reaction score
I think there is going to be a change in coach soon.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The Clippers were my pick to win the Pacific this season, and I'm quite surprised at how disoriented they've looked. Brand is passive and the chemistry seems off. Maybe they're buckling under the expectations.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
What are the chances that LAC gets in on the Iverson "sweepstakes"? Magette/Mobley/Livingston gets it done and that's decent value for PHI even if it does double them up on swings....

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
What are the chances that LAC gets in on the Iverson "sweepstakes"? Magette/Mobley/Livingston gets it done and that's decent value for PHI even if it does double them up on swings....

Brand would average 15 rbs/game, cleaning up after Iverson.

OP
OP
R

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
Didn't Dunleavy just sign an extension? Maybe I'm wrong but I thought I saw that somewhere

Yes, after securing Kaman on his $52mm deal, they locked up Dunleavey at something like $4mm/yr increase from $1.5mm he was making. I'm happy with the coach but wonder about whether Kaman is worth that kind of investment.

He looks less and less like the player he was last year when playing for the big pay day.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, after securing Kaman on his $52mm deal, they locked up Dunleavey at something like $4mm/yr increase from $1.5mm he was making.

deal's not done - in fact, Dunleavy's people said today that if it doesn't get done in the next week, they're going to stop negotiating for the rest of the season so it won't be a distraction... it was in the LA Times today.

personally, I hope they do sign him to an extension - he keeps that team exactly where they are - zero threat. I could see Larry Brown coming to the Clippers and turning them into a juggernaut though. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

OP
OP
R

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score

Well Magette is hurt again (what's new) and Livingston is still a work in progress (too many turnovers and poor shot selection), although he's playing a little better lately. They won't trade Livingston even for AI.

I'd be happy to part with Mobley and Tim Thomas. I suppose AI becomes the shooting guard with Livingston and Cassell sharing the Point.

Doubt this will happen. Anyone know if this is serious or just speculation?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think that is too much value for Iverson.

Brand would average 15 rbs/game, cleaning up after Iverson.

Agreed.

OP
OP
R

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
deal's not done - in fact, Dunleavy's people said today that if it doesn't get done in the next week, they're going to stop negotiating for the rest of the season so it won't be a distraction... it was in the LA Times today.

sorry, jumped the gun on that one. figured they finally settle the bonus issue

personally, I hope they do sign him to an extension - he keeps that team exactly where they are - zero threat. I could see Larry Brown coming to the Clippers and turning them into a juggernaut though. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

maybe they won't the way the've been playing, Can Larry make a 3-pointer?

HooverDam

Reaction score
Stephen A Jackson seems to think there is a chance AI would go to LAC, I certainly hope not. That would make them a scary team to face if they got the chemistry right.

Nash

Reaction score
Stephen A Jackson seems to think there is a chance AI would go to LAC, I certainly hope not. That would make them a scary team to face if they got the chemistry right.

you need to make your mind up -- Stephen Jackson of the Pacers or Stephen A Smith.;)

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It would be great for the league. AI with the Clips and Kobe with the Lakers would make for alot of NBA drama in LA. Honestly, Stern ought to be doing everything he can to make that happen, even though I would hate it as a Suns fan.

panfolk

Registered
Reaction score
Clips headed south... lost to Blazers by 10 today

I noticed that:) Rodriguez had 7 assists in 12 minutes... I guess all fans have trades they are bitter about. I was happy when we drafted Robinson and mad when they traded him. I was joyous when they drafted Rodriguez and pissed when they traded him.

I guess I'm not a fan of D'Antoni on draft days.
Edit: Good golly! Sergio is averaging 3.5 assists on 10.8mpg! Just think of what he could do with the Suns. I gotta stop. I'll be a bitter old poster soon:D

Last edited:

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Iverson belongs in the East Coast somewhere. I'd put money on Iverson becoming a nightly complainer if he's shipped to the Western Conference.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard