Cincy Looking to trade for SAPP????

BIGDADDY_REDBIRD

Registered
Reaction score
ESPN just reported that The Bengals we're entertaining talks of trading the first pick overall to Tampa for the services of 30 yr old Warren Sapp. Sapps contract expires at the end of this season. Put all you're personal dislike for Sapp a side/ Would you all be upet if we traded for him????? I am torn, I like his motor & effort, but we'd still be stuck with KVB & Wakefield as our starters at DE... A trade like this would get everyone throughout the NFL's attention. Maybe then we' would'nt have to hear this bull$hit like " I question their commitment to winning" Jr Seau could change his tune, as well as other FA's . It could be very beneneficial to us life long suffering fans.... thoughts?????

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Just when you think the Bengals can't get any dumber......they do a thing like this

(and totally redeem yourself) (thats a shout out to all the Dumb and Dumber fans in the house!)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by bigdaddy_redbird
ESPN just reported that The Bengals we're entertaining talks of trading the first pick overall to Tampa for the services of 30 yr old Warren Sapp. Sapps contract expires at the end of this season. Put all you're personal dislike for Sapp a side/ Would you all be upet if we traded for him????? I am torn, I like his motor & effort, but we'd still be stuck with KVB & Wakefield as our starters at DE... A trade like this would get everyone throughout the NFL's attention. Maybe then we' would'nt have to hear this bull$hit like " I question their commitment to winning" Jr Seau could change his tune, as well as other FA's . It could be very beneneficial to us life long suffering fans.... thoughts?????

In my opinion, the Bengals would be stupid to even consider this trade. Warren Sapp is not a great player anymore, and he basically lives on his reputation. I loved the little feud between him and Strahan.

Strahan was 100% correct when he said that Sapp made the Pro Bowl every year because he talked his way in the Pro Bowl. Most fans vote for players that the know, with little regard to how they actually played.

Sapp's sack numbers have declined in recent years, and he hasn't been exactly stout against the run either. At this present moment, I would take Anthony "Booger" McFarland over him....and I wouldn't trade the 1st pick for either. Simeon Rice is the Bucs most dominant lineman now.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb
Just when you think the Bengals can't get any dumber......they do a thing like this

(and totally redeem yourself) (thats a shout out to all the Dumb and Dumber fans in the house!)

"Jeez, I thought the Rocky Mountains would be a little rockier than this..."

"Ya, that John Denver is full of $hit man..."

OP
OP
BIGDADDY_REDBIRD

BIGDADDY_REDBIRD

Registered
Reaction score
I guess I neglected to say that I would be greatly disappointed if we traded away the opportunity to land Suggs or Leftwich. True that Sapp is a talker, but he also has some Swagger. Something that our young guys lack... Just for the record I don't want him at the expense of our 1st rd pick.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
I guess I neglected to say that I would be greatly disappointed if we traded away the opportunity to land Suggs or Leftwich. True that Sapp is a talker, but he also has some Swagger. Something that our young guys lack... Just for the record I don't want him at the expense of our 1st rd pick.

Agreed.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Cool :D

If I was watching the draft, and they said the Cards traded their 1st for Sapp, I would kick my TV.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It's easy to have swagger when your team goes 10-6 and makes the playoffs every year. Just ask the Rams.

Being a Cardinal for a year seems to beat that out of you (remember when Duane Starks thought he was Deion when he signed last year?).

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn