Cincy Fans Want To Trade Down

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
I just finished watching a Cincy TV sports show that conducted a survey about what they should do Saturday.

25% said Palmer.....24% said Leftwich.....but 31% said trade the pick down for more choices. The leftover percentages went to Newman and Rogers.

They also said that the Bengals have stopped talking to Newman and Leftwich and are concentrating on Palmer.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by BuckeyeCardinal
I just finished watching a Cincy TV sports show that conducted a survey about what they should do Saturday.

25% said Palmer.....24% said Leftwich.....but 31% said trade the pick down for more choices. The leftover percentages went to Newman and Rogers.

They also said that the Bengals have stopped talking to Newman and Leftwich and are concentrating on Palmer.

The Bengals are taking Palmer. That is my lock of the draft, but after that (and the Lions taking Rogers) I have no clue! :D

spanky

All Star
Reaction score
ESPN Insider(which I don't subscribe to so I'm only reporting the headline) has indicated that Palmer is "not enthused" by the offer that's being hammmered out up till now. While I don't know ANY details, my question is who does he compare himself to? If I was intent on taking a QB with the #1 pick it would be Leftwich......Palmer does VERY little for me......just a bigger Couch or Carr......both busts as far as I'm concerned, JMHO

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Re: Re: Cincy Fans Want To Trade Down

Originally posted by Krangthebrain
The Bengals are taking Palmer. That is my lock of the draft, but after that (and the Lions taking Rogers) I have no clue! :D

Lions | Rogers Not a Lock Anymore? - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
5:33 PT: Updating previous reports, Mlive.com reports the Detroit Lions are in negotiations with two teams about a trade for DT Shaun Rogers, including the New York Jets. The Lions would be looking for a first-round pick in a deal for Rogers, and if they do get one, they would not select Michigan State WR Charles Rogers with the No. 2 pick in the NFL Draft. Instead, they would turn to either Penn State DT Jimmy Kennedy or Kentucky DT Dewayne Robertson, most likely drafting a receiver in the second round.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by spanky
ESPN Insider(which I don't subscribe to so I'm only reporting the headline) has indicated that Palmer is "not enthused" by the offer that's being hammmered out up till now. While I don't know ANY details, my question is who does he compare himself to? If I was intent on taking a QB with the #1 pick it would be Leftwich......Palmer does VERY little for me......just a bigger Couch or Carr......both busts as far as I'm concerned, JMHO

Not sure how you can suggest Carr is a bust considering last year was his rookie year...on and expansion team...with no Oline. I mean, what did you expect him to do? Lead HOU to the Super Bowl?

Put players around Carr and I think he will perform very well. Couch on the other hand....

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard