Chriss to be suspended 1 game

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Dang looks like Chriss will be suspended for argument with associate coach.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’m starting to think he’s an idiot. Too bad bc I was hop No the switch would flip and he and Jackson would be an incredibly athletic pairing for years to come.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It appears like it will be handled internally with the Suns.

So do we have another trade candidate?

Here is a link to the story. See below.

Suns forward Marquese Chriss will miss Sunday's game against the Charlotte Hornets for a "rules violation," according to General Manager Ryan McDonough.

ESPN reported that Chriss will be suspended one game for a "verbal altercation" with the team's strength coach following Friday's 129-97 loss to the Utah Jazz. The argument was over a postgame routine Chriss is supposed to do, ESPN said.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...arquese-chriss-suspend-fight-coach/303959002/

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
bwahaha with a strength coach no less.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Is it safe to say that our Suns are a dysfunctional team? Even our diehard fans are laughing at them.

I was never happy, as I've posted over the years, with Jerry never masterminding the Suns to the next step beyond playoff appearances.

Two NBA championship series in half a century (one a Cinderella year and one legit).

But at least under Jerry they weren't dysfunctional and the NBA's reigning buffoon team.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Smh no prospect since Richard Dumas has disappointed me more than Chriss, he legit had a very good rookie year and he has just nosed dived down

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is it safe to say that our Suns are a dysfunctional team? Even our diehard fans are laughing at them.

I was never happy, as I've posted over the years, with Jerry never masterminding the Suns to the next step beyond playoff appearances.

Two NBA championship series in half a century (one a Cinderella year and one legit).

But at least under Jerry they weren't dysfunctional and the NBA's reigning buffoon team.
No. Its not safe to say that the Suns are dysfunctional. Its just a young player and a strength coach.

There were much worse days under Colangelo. Dumas and his drugs, the 80's drug scandal, Jerrod Mustaf whose cousin killed the pregnant girlfriend, Kidd and the french fries. Even the KJ and the girl thing was worse.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
No. Its not safe to say that the Suns are dysfunctional. Its just a young player and a strength coach.

There were much worse days under Colangelo. Dumas and his drugs, the 80's drug scandal, Jerrod Mustaf whose cousin killed the pregnant girlfriend, Kidd and the french fries. Even the KJ and the girl thing was worse.
The track record with players and this FO says different. This is one incident that got him suspended that we know of. What happened up to this point where the FO had no choice but to suspend him. A lot goes on behind the scene we are not privy to.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found this about the Chriss incident.

Evan Sidery‏@esidery

Evan Sidery Retweeted Chris Haynes

Chriss only played 14 minutes last night and was sent to the scorers table to check back in with less than a minute left. Some message was definitely trying to be sent then.

If this really happened, I can see this might have contributed to the post game flareup.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Its not that bad BC, just live one more year and things will be bright.
LOL. I wouldn't call rooting for the Suns a life or death situation. But, as I posted, yes, my point of view about their timeline for success (if they have one) is from a different perspective than younger guys.

And, hey, thanks for the motivation to live one more year. With osteoarthritis, my desire is to live as long as I can continue to use chopsticks at my favorite Asian super buffet. :D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If you think the Suns are what a functional franchise looks like, you’re drinking drano.

Last edited:

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score

Marbury and his DUI, Uncle Cliffy getting busted with weed too. If I remember correctly, there was something with Penny Hardaway and a gun in a domestic violence incident too. Barkley had some incidents too, though he calmed down a lot by the time he got to Phoenix.

Errntknght

Reaction score
Under Triano the team isn't dysfunctional but under Watson it likely would be. It's young and inconsistent, even discounting for their youth - their defensive efforts are erratic. It's hard to get a read on most of the players, too. Ulis fell off dramatically from last year, Chiss seems to be less mature and Bender is still just showing flashes on offense. Jackson is settling down the last few games but before that the only good thing about his game was his effort. Williams, Reed and Peters haven't played a significant amount. Who knows what's going on in Len's mind. Hopefully, by season's end we'll have some clarity. Right now, it's very hard to imagine this group contending in three/four years, even adding a good PG. A deep but average team is my guess... hopefully, I'm wrong.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tough time for Chriss to be suspended. I don't imagine this will help his trade value, if he had any before this incident. I don't think he was being shopped but I imagine he was available for the right price. The Suns need to move him before he ruins whatever value he has. He has 2 full years on his rookie contract so it's important they move him next year before he's viewed as a rental. A change of scenery might help him. He has to be one of the worst starters in the league right now. His attitude has only gotten worse despite being given more opportunities than his playing time has earned him.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Tough time for Chriss to be suspended. I don't imagine this will help his trade value, if he had any before this incident. I don't think he was being shopped but I imagine he was available for the right price. The Suns need to move him before he ruins whatever value he has. He has 2 full years on his rookie contract so it's important they move him next year before he's viewed as a rental. A change of scenery might help him. He has to be one of the worst starters in the league right now. His attitude has only gotten worse despite being given more opportunities than his playing time has earned him.

I think trading Chriss now would be a mistake. He's really young, and he's also relatively inexperienced as a basketball player. When I was looking at Aaron Gordon, his first couple of seasons are fairly similar to Chriss' statistically. I don't think it's incredibly unlikely Chriss can still turn into a plus starter. I'd love to see what he can do playing alongside a quality facilitating point guard.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think trading Chriss now would be a mistake. He's really young, and he's also relatively inexperienced as a basketball player. When I was looking at Aaron Gordon, his first couple of seasons are fairly similar to Chriss' statistically. I don't think it's incredibly unlikely Chriss can still turn into a plus starter. I'd love to see what he can do playing alongside a quality facilitating point guard.

Conflicting views but I like both rationales.

I'd trade Chriss and a pick if it helped the Suns get a pick in the top 7 or so.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah i really dont like this guy. When he showed up to camp fat in his second year in the league I concluded that. His ceiling is now based purely on athleticism as he clearly doesnt have his head on straight.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard