Chriss and Knight traded

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because they continually talk about how upset they are that we didn't draft him.

Let them have their opinion. There are only a few local sports writers I read for facts.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Um, that's the point. They are barely worth reading because, as you say, there are better sports writers out there.

A couple of those better writers were Doug Haller and Scott Bordow among others. It looks like we are going to have to pay for their coverage now.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I would subscribe to the ThethleticAz any more than I would subscribe to DraftExpress for NBA coverage.

Any thoughts on the trend of paying for sports news?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hyperbole much?

So much for point-counterpoint discussion. If you don't want to discuss, then don't reply.

I'm not sure where the disconnect is here but you're right, walking away is probably the best course.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I would subscribe to the ThethleticAz any more than I would subscribe to DraftExpress for NBA coverage.

Any thoughts on the trend of paying for sports news?

It's almost definitely unreasonable on my part but I wouldn't ever pay for internet "news" of any kind.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's almost definitely unreasonable on my part but I wouldn't ever pay for internet "news" of any kind.

I'm feeling the same way at least for the present. I started a thread on this topic to see who is paying for internet sports news and where.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yep. I find it distasteful enough paying to watch games on TV. I can come here and read people talking about thebSuns for free. I might disagree with many, but there is often more knowledge about the team and it’s history here than with the local media. I KNOW some of you think about and write about the team more than they do.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The only problem I have with most of the sites is they are more opinion than fact. We have enough opinion here for free! :) Besides there is no secret info these sites have that would not leak out eventually anyway.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I used to subscribe to ESPN but it was when I was waaaaaaaaaay more into college sports, once I stopped trying to keep track of the finicky choices of high school basketball players the subscription lost 90% of its value.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
That roster of reporters leaves much to be desired. You'd have to pay me to read their work. Doug Haller has no business reporting on anything UofA related.

Hard pass.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Acording to the jump Brandon Knight is houstons secret weapon.

"Well if Houston gets the Brandon Knight from Miluwakee "

Wtf

I'm convinced some of these people don't even watch basketball

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona Sports 98.7 on their podcast takes a fresh look at the Chriss/Knight trade plus many other things related to the Suns. It's well worth the listen and reflects what the Suns may be thinking. And best of all, it's free.

There is even some discussion about Scott Bordow going to The Athletic.

Still no news if the Suns tendered Melton by 9-5-18 but the thinking is they did.

Here is the link:

https://thetimelinepodcast.com/2018...ague-with-jon-bloom-from-arizona-sports-98-7/

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jon Bloom, the voice of the NAZ Suns broadcast, really pumps some adrenaline into the podcast. The thinking is Ryan Anderson will really help the Suns at power forward.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Jon Bloom, the voice of the NAZ Suns broadcast, really pumps some adrenaline into the podcast. The thinking is Ryan Anderson will really help the Suns at power forward.
I’m not excited about Anderson but I do remember him killing the Suns when played for the Pels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
That’s not the Arizona Sports podcast, that’s The Timeline, an independent Suns podcast, and right now, the best one.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s not the Arizona Sports podcast, that’s The Timeline, an independent Suns podcast, and right now, the best one.

You are right, The Timeline podcast is separate. Jon Bloom is from Arizona Sports.

The Timeline podcast above was awesome. Kudos to them.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not excited about Anderson but I do remember him killing the Suns when played for the Pels.

The Timeline podcast got the blood flowing during this slow period. After listening to it, they have me wondering if Anderson can create some offensive punch at power forward. I have to think Igor was involved in this trade and he has plans for him.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
The Timeline podcast got the blood flowing during this slow period. After listening to it, they have me wondering if Anderson can create some offensive punch at power forward. I have to think Igor was involved in this trade and he has plans for him.
He’s a black hole in defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
You are right, The Timeline podcast is separate. Jon Bloom is from Arizona Sports.

The Timeline podcast above was awesome. Kudos to them.
If you haven’t already, go a few episodes back and do their recap of the 09-10 season. It’s worth your time.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort