Chris Paul Could be Moved?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, first off let me say there is probably zero truth to this and it's just Chris Paul talking. Expect the Hornets to come out and say there is NO CHANCE he is traded. However, it does bring up an interesting point that if Chris thinks he can be traded, he probably is not opposed to being traded. In fact, if you read between the lines it appears he is not happy with the direction of the Hornets. That could mean that Chris Paul at the end of his current deal could be looking to move.

If there ever becomes one ounce of truth to this....if I am the Suns I do whatever it takes to get this guy. There is not a guy on our roster that I would not trade to get this guy. You can build around him. He plays defense, he dishes the ball and can take over games. It's a pipe dream but man...what I wouldn't do to put this guy in a Suns uniform.

Can we trade the PG we just signed to an extension as part of a deal? :D

http://www.probasketballnews.com/story/?storyid=647

COULD PAUL BE TRADED?
New Orleans star point guard Chris Paul insisted he was serious when he said there's a chance he soon could be traded.
Paul was interviewed Thursday by Pro Basketball News, and asked about his team's financial situation. The Hornets are staring at being well over the luxury tax, and might have to dump some big contracts.
"In this league, anything can happen," said Paul, at the summer league to watch his Hornets. "I can be dealt."
Paul then was asked that surely he can't be serious he could be traded.
"It's possible," he said. "It's possible."
The Hornets made a move last February to save money by dealing center Tyson Chandler to Oklahoma City. However, the trade ended up being rescinded after health concerns surfaced regarding Chandler.
Paul is hopeful the Hornets will end up retaining their key players, but knows nothing is certain.
"Right now, it looks like the same cast," he said. "But, if something happens, it happens. ... Me and (forward James Posey say to one another that) we've got to work with what we've got and go out and play hard."
Posey hopes the Hornets won't end up again dealing Chandler.
"You never want to see it," Posey said. "But I'm a player and my job is to go out there and play hard. ... You can't control that part of it (the Hornets' money situation). You've got to control what you can."

Last edited:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I love Paul, but unfortunately the Suns don't have the resources to put together a credible offer for him.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love Paul, but unfortunately the Suns don't have the resources to put together a credible offer for him.

Your probably right but I would move everything (including the kitchen sink) to get him.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Barbosa + Amare + 1st for CP3.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Losing CP3 hurts them on so many levels. Not just play on the court, but fan appeal. IIRC, they have to average a certain attendance figure per game; otherwise, ownership has the right to terminate their lease and move elsewhere. Seattle anyone??

Please correct me if I'm wrong on these facts.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Losing CP3 hurts them on so many levels. Not just play on the court, but fan appeal. IIRC, they have to average a certain attendance figure per game; otherwise, ownership has the right to terminate their lease and move elsewhere. Seattle anyone??

Please correct me if I'm wrong on these facts.

That why Hornets don't trade him. That doesn't mean the Hornets are going to be able to resign him though. This might just mean when his current contract is up, a sign and trade is in his future or he might leave via free agency.

Skumbag

Registered
Reaction score
give away the entire team except Clark & Sweet Lou... you gotta deal...

take the stadium too while you're at it.

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
Swing a 3 way with the Knicks?

NYK Gets:
Steve Nash
Alando Tucker

NO Gets:
Amare Stoudemire
Leandro Barbosa
Chris Duhon
Jared Jeffries
Jared Dudley

PHX Gets:
Chris Paul
Tyson Chandler
Antiono Daniels
Rashon Butler

For NY this is a no brainer. They flip Duhon and Jeffries for Nash and Tucker.

For NO this is a fair trade for CP3. Amare and Barbosa they can build around and then Duhon replaces CP3.

PHX reloads/builds...

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I would expect the Hornets to do anything and pay anything to keep Paul. Losing him would be devastating to a franchise that's just starting to gain some popularity and fan appeal. The only other team with as much riding on one guy is probably Cleveland with LeBron.

If Phoenix could pull a trade for CP3 or sign him when his deal is up it would be one of the biggest moves in the history of the franchise. I can see Paul giving Phoenix serious consideration, Phoenix is famous for the up tempo and exciting style that Paul likes to play. Plus there is a certain lure to the prospect of leading a team to their first championship. As stated above though, I think they move West first. I very much doubt that the Hornets will trade him, but once his deal is up he's fair game and I think the Suns would have a good shot.

sunsallday

Registered
Reaction score
If the Suns are able to get Paul and keep Amare, our team would be ridiculous

Paul/Dragic
Richardson or someone else/Barbosa
Clark/Dudley
Amare/Amudson
Lopez or some else/Lopez

The above lineup is displayed as in the future.

asudevil83

Reaction score
ugh...this is a pretty stupid and pointless thread.

1.) Hornets would trade Peja and Chandler and West before they got rid of Paul.

2.) the loss of revenue and fan support would be 10x greater with the subtraction of Paul than it would be to stomach the small LT payment they are paying for the next two years.

3.) they will be out of their bad contracts of Chandler and Peja in two years, and will be able to start over....hopefully more responsibly they they had been these past few years.

4.) who is in the position to trade for Paul, while fixing their salary problems? sure as hell isnt the suns. trading Amare for him just keeps them in the same financial situation with a different star.....STUPID. remember, this isnt about a star's happiness or wanting to leave, its about money. the Hornets would have to commit EVEN MORE money to keeping Amare than they would Paul.

krazyasiankid

Registered
Reaction score
If the Suns are able to get Paul and keep Amare, our team would be ridiculous

Paul/Dragic
Richardson or someone else/Barbosa
Clark/Dudley
Amare/Amudson
Lopez or some else/Lopez

The above lineup is displayed as in the future.

What future? With S=arver in charge of the Suns, we have NO future.

shazaam6

Censor this
Reaction score
Nash + JRich + Tucker for CPaul + filler is the kind of trade BC could pull off.:bang:

cly2tw

Reaction score
I would expect the Hornets to do anything and pay anything to keep Paul. Losing him would be devastating to a franchise that's just starting to gain some popularity and fan appeal. The only other team with as much riding on one guy is probably Cleveland with LeBron.

If Phoenix could pull a trade for CP3 or sign him when his deal is up it would be one of the biggest moves in the history of the franchise. I can see Paul giving Phoenix serious consideration, Phoenix is famous for the up tempo and exciting style that Paul likes to play. Plus there is a certain lure to the prospect of leading a team to their first championship. As stated above though, I think they move West first. I very much doubt that the Hornets will trade him, but once his deal is up he's fair game and I think the Suns would have a good shot.

The best scenario for Suns to sign Paul as FA would be if Amare proved to be healthy and dominant as he was on offense, and signed to a long contract. An Amare-Paul tandem if healthy would rock.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson