Chris Paul’s Future

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I just heard that too. That was FREAKING ridiculous. The idea that Westbrook helps us in any way shape or form was nauseating.
To be fair they were really fawning over the fact it would make the lakers a championship contender (disagree) and “…oh yeah it’s good for the suns too.” Lol. I hate the national media bending over for the lakers.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will wait for GAMBO to comment on these rumors this afternoon. He has been spot on with the Suns as of late.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Everything. From the offseason activity to shooting down rumors. He has been spot on. He has been talking to someone in the organization and relayed multiple things that were true.
Shooting down every rumor doesn't come across as being "spot on" to me. What has he been right about that we did do?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo saying Suns not after Rozier, Quigly or VanVleet

But for VanVleet he also says he won't work cause he can't play with Paul. That makes no sense, Paul would not be playing with him.

Gambo also saying they don't need a scorer to replace Paul they need a distributor. My question is how - they don't make distributing guards anymore. Just give me a scorer I can actually rely on.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shooting down every rumor doesn't come across as being "spot on" to me. What has he been right about that we did do?
Go back and look at the off season threads with Ayton. He was spot on which teams were interested, which teams were not and even shot down rumors about which trades the Suns were not interested in. Then when James Jones was on the air didn't debunk one thing Gambo broke. He even shot down the Twitter "insider" who spread a couple rumors and again he was spot on. Plus, if he shoots down a rumor only for it to come true it makes him look stupid so yes...those count. It's been long known Gambo has a connetion in the front office.

It goes back a long way. He broke the Nash sign and trade. The trade to LA etc. etc. His Tweets are in all the offseason threads.

Last edited:

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Is that a real rumor or just something they are throwing out there.

Because if it’s real you have to pull the trigger on that.
No doubt. Do this trade. The Westbrook trade is laughable.
You think the Suns want CP3 and Crowder right next door in LA, or up in the frozen north?

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I like our team, because we stunk for so long and so many seem like cool dudes that like eachother, from bottom scrubbers to valley boys, and we did make the Finals and was best team in the league, so there's that. But I think the window is closing. Sure, there's a theoretical chance when Booker and everyone's healthy we can make a push and make the finals again, if we get the bubble fire going, but I'm leaning more on retooling. Deal Ayton, Paul, even Bridges if the price is right, and also find a next level coach. They should give us assets enough to contend a couple of more years.

And I really hope this Ibisha guy taking over for that prick Bobby Sarver fires and hires a new scouting crew, because we've screwed up far too often the last decade.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like our team, because we stunk for so long and so many seem like cool dudes that like eachother, from bottom scrubbers to valley boys, and we did make the Finals and was best team in the league, so there's that. But I think the window is closing. Sure, there's a theoretical chance when Booker and everyone's healthy we can make a push and make the finals again, if we get the bubble fire going, but I'm leaning more on retooling. Deal Ayton, Paul, even Bridges if the price is right, and also find a next level coach. They should give us assets enough to contend a couple of more years.

And I really hope this Ibisha guy taking over for that prick Bobby Sarver fires and hires a new scouting crew, because we've screwed up far too often the last decade.
If Book comes back and stays that way, we can win a round in the playoffs, but they are just not mentally or physically tough enough to go on a run much more than that.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Maybe something broke, because we did win the bubble wars, close out teams, and get to the Finals. Though the meltdowns and lack of adjustments are too many, and CP3 is always getting hurt. Only hope now is that Ayton wakes up and Bridges turns into a scorer (he's had a lot of practical training the last months).

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe something broke, because we did win the bubble wars, close out teams, and get to the Finals. Though the meltdowns and lack of adjustments are too many, and CP3 is always getting hurt. Only hope now is that Ayton wakes up and Bridges turns into a scorer (he's had a lot of practical training the last months).
when you're down 50 POINTS at home in a Game 7, I think it's safe to say something broke. And we literally did nothing to fix it except subtract some toughness and depth from the roster.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
If Book comes back and stays that way, we can win a round in the playoffs, but they are just not mentally or physically tough enough to go on a run much more than that.

when you're down 50 POINTS at home in a Game 7, I think it's safe to say something broke. And we literally did nothing to fix it except subtract some toughness and depth from the roster.

To me...... This is the only reasonable take to make right now.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Let's see what happens when everyone gets healthy - if we add a piece or two, I'm at least intrigued about our chances. The west just isn't that great.