Chase

General Chaos

Gronko = Man Beast
Reaction score
What will he do? He hasn't really picked up the buzz after workouts like he thought he would. I really think he can greatly improve his stock by returning to AZ next year (next year's draft class is much weaker). If he comes back Arizona will be a top 15 team IMO. The deadline is Monday for him to decide, so we'll find out soon enough.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think he stays in, guaranteed to go in Top 20, thinks he has improved enough on defense (he hasn't IMO) to make it in the NBA. Dissed Olson by saying he is trying to recruit him all over again. If the Suns don't take Rush I think they go with Chase, but it almost seems like Griffith hinted that he should go back to school.

OP
OP
General Chaos

General Chaos

Gronko = Man Beast
Reaction score
I think he stays in, guaranteed to go in Top 20, thinks he has improved enough on defense (he hasn't IMO) to make it in the NBA. Dissed Olson by saying he is trying to recruit him all over again. If the Suns don't take Rush I think they go with Chase, but it almost seems like Griffith hinted that he should go back to school.

I don't think he was dissing Lute at all by saying that. Also I don't believe it is a lock that he goes in the top 20. If he comes back and works his butt off he will definitely be a lottery pick next year, at least I hope he sees that way.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is not coming back. Chase will be taken in the early 20's. Greg Hansen wrote this morning that the Suns are going to pick him. I don't think that will happen.

OP
OP
General Chaos

General Chaos

Gronko = Man Beast
Reaction score
He is not coming back. Chase will be taken in the early 20's. Greg Hansen wrote this morning that the Suns are going to pick him. I don't think that will happen.

Greg Hansen knows no more than you and me. That guy has no connections because of the royal turd he is. Chase is probably gone, but you never know til he actually comes out and says it.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No idea who Hansen is but I agree with all three of your assertions, Lefty.

Chase could certainly benefit from another year of college ball but I like his NBA upside. He's athletic and can shoot. He'll find a niche. Barring injury, he should have a decent career.

I like the guy. So shoot me.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Anyone who doesn't get a first round guarantee (which Chase does not have) would be stupid to put his name in. Alhough at this point it's been rumored that his father is trying to make him go NBA which tells you a lot about Chase considering every NBA person is telling him to return to school.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Well, at least that confirms us getting to #25 and one closer to Carolina.

Now get Jennings to Tucson and we're talking.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he made the right call. Weird everyone had him staying in and Mbah a Moute pulling out and the exact opposite happens, he pulls out and Luc says he's getting an agent.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good stuff. Surprised me. Chase made a good choice, I think.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Excellent!!! I feel a lot better about our b-ball team today!! Chase is not ready defensively to play at the NBA level and needs some more experience. He is a top 15 NBA prospect already and I feel an extra year in college will ensure him a top 10 slot

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Early mock draft prediction for 2009 has Chase going 8th. The Cats have three guys in the first 17 picks next year. With all new assistants and Lute bringing back the run and gun offense, I have a lot more hope next year than I did this previous year.
http://www.nbadraft.net/index.asp?content=mock2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard