CFB & Prospect Discussion Thread:

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Guys over 340 pounds always concern me. Jones at 375 scares me, that's a lot of weight that could lead to back and knees injuries.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Guys over 340 pounds always concern me. Jones at 375 scares me, that's a lot of weight that could lead to back and knees injuries.

I thought same until I saw him play ball. Weight looks natural. Not many guys that size can dunk.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Just draft him and slap #81 on his back.
ECU’s QB, Holton Ahlers, might get taken late. He’s got a good arm, is tough and somewhat mobile. He is a lefty, which some don’t like.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
If we only wanted to completely fix one group this draft and another next, we could really come away from this draft with either a total OL upgrade or a total DL/DE upgrade, or even a total DB upgrade, although I would put the DB upgrade as not needing complete total upgrade.
If we don't trade back and go with Carter or Anderson, we can easily pick up the other position at the top of R2.

Trading back would probably have us starting off with the OL or CB. A top CB would probably do it for this draft. Or if we went OG, OC, even OT with our first few picks could secure us a dominant OL at the rookie salary schedule and keep Murray secure for the length of Murray's contract.

I highly suspect however that will spread out our picks over all 3 of these groups, DL, OL, and DB. I would be happy with any of those directions. We just don't need (and are sick and tired of) wasting high picks on positions of least need like TE, little WRs and RBs, LBs, .....

Last edited:

Harry

Reaction score
If we only wanted to completely fix one group this draft and another next, we could really come away from this draft with either a total OL upgrade or a total DL/DE upgrade, or even a total DB upgrade, although I would put the DB upgrade as not needing complete total upgrade.
If we don't trade back and go with Carter or Anderson, we can easily pick up the other position at the top of R2.

Trading back would probably have us starting off with the OL or CB. A top CB would probably do it for this draft. Or if we went OG, OC, even OT with our first few picks could secure us a dominant OL at the rookie salary schedule and keep Murray secure for the length of Murray's contract.

I highly suspect however that will spread out our picks over all 3 of these groups, DL, OL, and DB. I would be happy with any of those directions. We just don't need (and are sick and tired of) wasting high picks on positions of least need like TE, little WRs and RBs, LBs, .....
I think you’re right they’ll spread the picks among several units & add some FAs. They can see how those picks work then know where to go next year. With so many holes and such a deep set of pools in need areas this is a critical draft. It could move the team forward significantly. They should be able to pick a near BPA at several need areas.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've said this every draft for years it seems but I would draft nothing but trenches. Every pick, round 1 through 7.

T, G, C, Edge, DT, NT. Maybe throw a CB or 2 in there depending how the board falls.

My ideal first 4 rounds would be

1. Will Anderson
2. Dawand Jones
3. Mike Morris
3. Steve Avila
4. Keeanu Benton

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would very much like us to draft Steve Avila to play C, but he's also a very good Guard.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I would very much like us to draft Steve Avila to play C, but he's also a very good Guard.

He's probably my second favorite guard prospect after Torrence.

Harry

Reaction score
I've said this every draft for years it seems but I would draft nothing but trenches. Every pick, round 1 through 7.

T, G, C, Edge, DT, NT. Maybe throw a CB or 2 in there depending how the board falls.

My ideal first 4 rounds would be

1. Will Anderson
2. Dawand Jones
3. Mike Morris
3. Steve Avila
4. Keeanu Benton
I like the first 3 & maybe 4 if the Cards are patient. That said, considering the roster, I’m not certain I’d take both Anderson & Morris. That’s a bunch of Edges. I’d like a G, CB or fast RB.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like the first 3 & maybe 4 if the Cards are patient. That said, considering the roster, I’m not certain I’d take both Anderson & Morris. That’s a bunch of Edges. I’d like a G, CB or fast RB.

I want to move Morris inside to 3T. I think he's better suited there.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
What the deal with Bryan Bresee? I don't see or hear him talked about much, is that because Carter is so much better. And if so, why is he rated to high?

Is he a good consideration for us in a trade back situation? And is he that much better than Igor (I mean Ika), Kantsee (I mean Kancey), Nazi Smith, or Keeanu Benton (who I loved in the movie Speed)?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
What the deal with Bryan Bresee? I don't see or hear him talked about much, is that because Carter is so much better. And if so, why is he rated to high?

Is he a good consideration for us in a trade back situation? And is he that much better than Igor (I mean Ika), Kantsee (I mean Kancey), Nazi Smith, or Keeanu Benton (who I loved in the movie Speed)?
if we get Anderson at 3...and Bresee happens to be there still at 34...run, dont walk, to the podium

Harry

Reaction score

I posted earlier his injury and recovery history (first mentioned by Russ) and mentioned he was dropping on big boards. Now I’m even hearing second round from some. Much will depend on his Combine numbers and medical review. He be a heck of a gamble in round 2. If the Cards lose Allen, the medicals are reasonable and he’s there in round 2, he‘d have to be considered.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose