Carson Palmer a Football Life

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I only caught the last half of the show but truly loved it. I miss Carson almost as much as Warner and to think of the quality player and more so human beings that the Cards have been fielding for several years.

Tillman, Fitz, Warner, Palmer, Aeneas Williams and David Johnson are all HOF quality people who have represented the Cards. Seriously they could all be on the Mount Rushmore of great character NFL players.

I know I'm forgetting some and of course there are a ton of really good guys like PP, CC and dare I say HB.

IMO it is must watch TV and the Cards get a good amount of positive PUB and fun memories.

Carson Palmer was a great Cardinal and IMO under appreciated by a majority of the fan base.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
It was awesome!! Carson was a tough SOB & tough as a $2 steak. Loved the dude & I have no doubt we would be SB champs if his finger didn’t get dinged.

Pretty amazing that our Cards have probably had more (6) of these shows in a great series by NFL Films.

I still think they should do one on Conrad Dobler & Larry Wilson if they have enough footage, both are very worthy of the show.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Didn’t see it but he took a stand and retired because of bad management in Cincinnati in order to force their hand. That takes guts

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Didn’t see it but he took a stand and retired because of bad management in Cincinnati in order to force their hand. That takes guts
I think Ocho Stinko & his constant bitching in his ear played a part as well though Palmer would never drop a teammate under the bus.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It was awesome!! Carson was a tough SOB & tough as a $2 steak. Loved the dude & I have no doubt we would be SB champs if his finger didn’t get dinged.

Pretty amazing that our Cards have probably had more (6) of these shows in a great series by NFL Films.

I still think they should do one on Conrad Dobler & Larry Wilson if they have enough footage, both are very worthy of the show.

You must be registered for see images

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I actually think losing HB played into us losing to Carolina more.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Packers OT series they showed is my two favorite Fitz plays of all time. I get chills when I watch that - it was so amazing in real time.

Yes, a lot of people, including myself, gave Palmer a hard time; sometimes maybe too hard of time. However, I think watching the show it kind of alludes to why... he was a talented QB that you had high expectations for, but he didn't always live up to them. When he was on, he was great, and when he wasn't it wasn't pretty, particularly the last couple years. When it came to high pressure moments sometimes he was so clutch, and other times it seemed like he had the yips. I think we all expected to be that QB that always found a way to deliver when you needed it like the greats do. Sometimes he would, and it would be amazing, and sometimes he would fail in spectacular fashion, and you wondered how it was possible to go from looking like the best in league to wondering if Stanton could have done better.

The other reason I think people got frustrated was because when he would get hurt we knew our season, and maybe even seasons to come were doomed. If he had a QBOTF to mentor and that confidently fill the void when he was injured and/or retired I think that it would be different also. Despite having an aging, banged up and injury prone #1, BA insisted in Stanton be the #2. That is one of the things I will always criticize BA for. It is interesting despite filming in AZ and OH that they didn't interview Stanton. Not like he is a major star, but he could have provided context and backstory. Wondering if there is anything to read into by that or not.

I think CP was a good QB and second best we had (besides Warner) in Arizona. He gave me some great memories/seasons, but he also let me down in some of those critical moments. I think that's my big take away with CP is that the highs were really high, but the lows were really low. It's easy to know who to blame when it's a missed throw, or a INT right to a defender with no Cardinal around, which wasn't something unfamiliar as the years went by. But who knows how much of the other play was the bad o-line, bad play calling, etc... I don't know. It was a solid run for a while and allowed us to feel spoiled again for the first time since

I wish CP could have gotten a ring though, but the person I really want a ring for even more is Fitz.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Considering the new era and recent first game disappointment(s), for perspective I think it's important to remember just how Palmer's time with the Cardinals actually started:
You must be registered for see images attach

After a pretty solid first game, the next 6 games were pretty poor and not much of an indicator of things to come. My point being, even with Palmer it took some time to get on track.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I was more than ready for the BA and Palmer era to come to an end.

Be careful what you wish for eh?

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Who was the writer that said they wouldn't have traded a ham sandwich for him? Ban Dickley? Gambadoro?

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I shed a tear. Not gonna lie. This makes 2, and I haven't seen Aeneas's yet. That being said, I so miss his ability compared to ol Sleeves. Night and day.