Cards-Winston reach agreement -shefter

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is my thought exactly. I know people keep saying Massie won't move to LT, but if you're Levi Brown this is a shot across your bow. It doesn't matter what people think Massie can or can't do, what matters is if he can play better at LT than Levi Brown.

It's sort of like the old joke about the bear chasing a dude and his friend and one dude looks at the other as they're running and says, "You can't outrun a bear!" and the other friend says, "I know, I just have to outrun you." Massie doesn't have to be as good or better than the premier LT's, he just has to be better than Levi Brown.

Tall order to expect a guy who never played LT in high school, college or the pros to beat an experienced LT.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Tall order to expect a guy who never played LT in high school, college or the pros to beat an experienced LT.

You'll get no argument from me. His muscle memory and everything he does isn't fit for the position. But even Levi wasn't always a LT. During our SB run he played RT.

Quinn McCollum

Veteran
Reaction score
You'll get no argument from me. His muscle memory and everything he does isn't fit for the position. But even Levi wasn't always a LT. During our SB run he played RT.

Levi was a 3 year starting LT in college so he had that going for him.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

Yep

Just because a guy played position X in college doesn't mean he can play position X in the NFL. Levi has proved over & over he isn't a a LT & how anyone here defends him is just crazy.

I'm not saying Massie can, but isn't worth a try?

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Levi was a 3 year starting LT in college so he had that going for him.

Again, I agree with the premise. That's just the impression I get from the Winston signing. Despite his lack of time at LT, for all we know Massie looks better switching to LT than Brown did when he switched back and forth. Massie is almost certainly more athletic than Levi and may have better technique for all we know.

And this isn't me calling for the change--other than Thesmel I like Levi more than most and have always defended him. But athletically, on that left side, man, wouldn't it be sweet to have Massie and Cooper pulling, running screens, reverses, etc etc and on and on. Depending on the scheme that may look real attractive to BA.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yep

Just because a guy played position X in college doesn't mean he can play position X in the NFL. Levi has proved over & over he isn't a a LT & how anyone here defends him is just crazy.

I'm not saying Massie can, but isn't worth a try?

I like Levi, and have to preface my post with that. But having Massie and Cooper on that side, in some situations, in some schemes, would be really attractive. Especially the pulling aspect (using misdirection) going across the field to Levi's side (@ RT) in the run game, with him plowing dudes, and Cooper and Massie pulling? It's more dynamic in my opinion. Massie and Coop could take the second level and just let Levi power block.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yep

I'm not saying Massie can, but isn't worth a try?[/quote]

If it will make you happy, why not....

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He does, but not at the nfl level. He played LT at Miami U.

Not sure what Arians has up his sleeve with Winston, but it appears as if he's trying to field the best five lineman.

It's U of Miami. Miami U is in Ohio. :D

BTW. His nickname or what his teammates, at the U of Miami tagged him with was.......

Neanderthal.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn