Cards Trade Down Scenario

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
With Carter off the board there’s reason to believe someone will try to overwhelm the Cards to get their pick. Carolina has announced they want to move up. I assume the Raiders do as well, but maybe not as badly. Atlanta won’t be as likely to overpay. If I’m the Cards and I agree to move down, I want a major overpay.
Carolina Picks
9, 40, 62, 2024 second & third round picks
Las Vegas Picks
7, 39, 71, 2024 second & third round picks
Atlanta Picks
8, 45, 76, 2024 second round pick (I’d pass)

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
With Carter off the board there’s reason to believe someone will try to overwhelm the Cards to get their pick. Carolina has announced they want to move up. I assume the Raiders do as well, but maybe not as badly. Atlanta won’t be as likely to overpay. If I’m the Cards and I agree to move down, I want a major overpay.
Carolina Picks
Las Vegas Picks
Atlanta Picks
I'm gonna need more from Carolina...Either another 2023 pick, or 2024 1st, instead of the 2nd...and still the 3rd.

You must be registered for see images attach

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Carolina Picks
Las Vegas Picks
Atlanta Picks
I believe the talent in next year’s draft is far better than this year, so push as many of those picks into 2024. But, I still think if Anderson is there, we take him. Unless Indy just wants to trade places with us.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm gonna need more from Carolina...Either another 2023 pick, or 2024 1st, instead of the 2nd...and still the 3rd.

You must be registered for see images attach
It depends on how you see the talent in this draft.

There is a lot of 2nd and 3rd round talent in this draft. McShay and Kiper said only 20 players have a first round grade.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Harry, what you are suggesting is that the Cards could get 5 picks for their #3 spot. All of them would be in the first 3 rounds. That would be hard to pass on especially with so many needs that the Cards have.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Carolina Picks
Las Vegas Picks
Atlanta Picks
If Anderson is gone before #3 then I am all for trading down.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It all depends on Anderson being gone and Richardson getting one of the teams at 7-8-9 to fall in love with him. If Carolina doesn’t sign a guy like Carr they have the draft ammo to jump up.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
It all depends on Anderson being gone and Richardson getting one of the teams at 7-8-9 to fall in love with him. If Carolina doesn’t sign a guy like Carr they have the draft ammo to jump up.
Richardson may well go #1

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
If I'm doing all that to get Carr; I might need to evaluate if I need to draft a qb. All that to win 8-9 games. That's why it makes sense to trade down and address the trenches at that point. If there is a team willing to trade up.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
I believe the talent in next year’s draft is far better than this year, so push as many of those picks into 2024. But, I still think if Anderson is there, we take him. Unless Indy just wants to trade places with us.
Highly debated. Who comes out early?

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
I don’t see Richardson going top 3, more likely Stroud or Levis falls. It is true, though, some analysts are now putting Richardson that high, but most are not mainstream.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
For me to trade down past #5 (Where the Seahawks will most likely take a player we were looking at) I would need at least 1 Future 1st rounder. With all of those trades I would push hard to turn the 2024 2nd and 3rd rounders into a 1st.

That being said, the ideal target in that scenario is #7.....then hope you can get something from Carolina in a second trade so they can jump Atlanta.

#3 for #7, #39, #71 and 2024 1st rounder.

Then

#7 for #9, #40, and maybe a 2024 3rd rounder?

To me, the main purpose of trading down needs to be either target several players in the round 2-3 area in CB, OL and other deep areas.....or make sure you will have enough 2024 picks to basically make sure you can take any player you want, regardless of where your own pick falls.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If you have the option to trade back, I'd want the extra picks say in 2nd or 3rd round to match up before a talent drop off.

Of course this is hypothetical, but in every draft, some position(s) are still well stocked for where the draft is.

I'm not saying you pull the trigger because of it, but if you had the option to trade back, I'd want to make sure it looked like the draft is falling that way.

What say you k9?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd so torn on trade back scenarios and there are some really good players, especially at CB that you could stock up on but I think I've decided.

If Will Anderson is there you have to take Anderson. He's just too good. It's a major area of need. And it gives us option on how we use Cam Thomas. Draft Anderson and resign Allen and our O line is looking pretty good.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Unfortunately the rest of the NFL is joining Harry on the Anthony Richardson bandwagon. That brings another quarterback into the mix which lowers what the Cardinals can demand. But I still believe a future 1st should be in play as well as a 2nd in the current draft.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Unfortunately the rest of the NFL is joining Harry on the Anthony Richardson bandwagon. That brings another quarterback into the mix which lowers what the Cardinals can demand. But I still believe a future 1st should be in play as well as a 2nd in the current draft.
Teams fall in love with guys more than position... they will trade up because they want a specific quarterback and dont want to risk another team taking him.

Imo... there is about a 50/50 chance Richardson jumps the field and goes #1 ...
That will reset a lot of boards

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
There are a few people who put him top 10, not me. His upside is huge, however.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I predict that we will all be surprised when teams at the very top of the draft aren't selecting QBs. I feel a couple we think are going 1 and 2, won't go until after pick 5. And a couple of those top 10 QBs will still be on the board half way through R1. I just feel that teams will wise up by draft time and realize that these QBs aren't Mahomes and Luck, and will either pass on them early, or maybe move to the 8-15 area and grab one of them there.

I could be wrong. I remember once I had predicted something that totally fooled me. That could have actually been yesterday.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
But that's not how it works.

With QBs you don't just pick the one who fell. Teams don't really do that with any position to be honest.

Of the 4 top QBs, you'll probably have one you really like, and another you could talk yourself into.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose