Cards Stadium Security

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
We have season tix in Section 112/Row 23. We stand and yell like normal fans, as does most of the section around us.

Some tool (actually 2 employees) came down and told us to sit down. On two different occasions.

We told them we'll sit down when the rest of the stadium sits down.

Am I missing something here?

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We have season tix in Section 112/Row 23. We stand and yell like normal fans, as does most of the section around us.

Some tool (actually 2 employees) came down and told us to sit down. On two different occasions.

For whatever the reason...you might be when they throw your collective arses out. Sometime it just does not pay to screw around and listen.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

What's the big deal with standing up during a football game? If you were supposed to stand up they wouldn't have spent all that money on the seats.
I think its stupid but a bunch of people seem to think its some kind of macho fan action which to me it isn't.

The only time you should stand up for the entire game is when there are fans of the other team sitting behind you. I guess I don't like it because it's another dumb aggie tradition.

BTW: Speaking of the seats what's the deal with the gray and red patterns?

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stand up and dont let anyone tell you otherwise. No where in the stadium rules on the back of your ticket does it say you must remain seated. It isnt a basketball game.

chicards11

Registered
Reaction score
What's the big deal with standing up during a football game? If you were supposed to stand up they wouldn't have spent all that money on the seats.
I think its stupid but a bunch of people seem to think its some kind of macho fan action which to me it isn't.

The only time you should stand up for the entire game is when there are fans of the other team sitting behind you. I guess I don't like it because it's another dumb aggie tradition.

I dont know if its macho, tough guy stuff......its human nature. to jump and yell when youre standing up....

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Here is the deal with this. It is actually against stadium policy to stand. The hitch is that "excessive standing" is not allowed. I usually tell them that I will try to sit down but Michael B. has told me to stand. One of the guys in my section (132) asked, very politely, to speak to the supervisor. This seemed to work also.

I just try to get everyone in my section to stand at every opportunity. If everyone is doing it there is nothing they can do. I am going to ask you not to sit down. This is NFL football. I believe you, like me, sit in the lower section of the red zone. There is going to be standing and yelling. One should expect that. If you don't want to stand you should have gotten a front row seat....or watch on tv.

:soapbox: that is all

OP
OP
sly fly

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
Stand up and dont let anyone tell you otherwise. No where in the stadium rules on the back of your ticket does it say you must remain seated. It isnt a basketball game.

Exactly. We usually stand up when the rows in front of us stand up to start the play... so we can see. Well, this happens pretty much every play. Kind of silly to sit down, stand up, sit down, stand up.

It was pretty comical when he/she told us. Because, every direction around them... people were standing.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
i hate this at sporting events and concerts - there are certain times when the natural emotion is to stand and it adds to the enjoyment (not really a macho thing at all)

hell, i'll stand up at times watching games on TV if the moment is right

i've never really ran into this problem at football games - but get it all the time at concerts, especially since i'm not all that short - i was at a venue where it's pretty much a big box - at the end is the stage, then the rest of the first half is standing seats - the back half is hightop tables and the bar

I stood at the very back of the standing area in an effort to be polite and the front row of table sitting bitched all night that I was blocking their view

you can't please them all - be respectful, stay in the game but you don't have to bend to every whim of others

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I stand up the whole game and if someone doesnt like it they should stand up too. Show some enthusiasm you friggin bump on a log. I jump up excited far too often to sit all the time.

Besides, I am louder when I am standing.

Sunday, the lady asked if I had my ticket on my way down, I smiled and said yes and kept walking. Let me police my own seats.

PS: it is a good thing that pat your side as you are walking in since that is the only place I hide my bombs, weapons and drugs.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score

You're either being sarcastic, or have missed the 10,000 other posts/threads about this over the past two or three years...

:shock:

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
ugh - the searches are another thing altogether - completely ineffective

also there is no uniformity in the rules

last week in seattle we went to the Ms game on monday - you could bring in sealed water into Qwest and you can bring in sealed water into Chase

so we buy a bottle of water expecting to bring it in

of course it's against their stadium policy to bring it in - the first guy was a prick and the 2nd guy told us to just hide it next time

while we were getting cracked down over water and the waistband pat down it was amazing the people walking it with book bags, big purses, etc crammed with god knows what - they look at the top to see it was unzipped and pocked the side with a metal stick

so effective...........

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Show some enthusiasm you friggin bump on a log

On the other hand many people would say. Show some courtesy you rude self centered individual.

I still don't get it, there's only like 15 minutes of action so why do people need to stand up for 3 hours. And half that 15 minutes we have the ball so you're supposed to be quiet until Q runs over 5-6 people.

Of course I don't understand the drivers who won't let people over when traffic is crawling because one lane is closed and then when traffic clears they drive 15 MPH under the speed limit either.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the other hand many people would say. Show some courtesy you rude self centered individual.

I still don't get it, there's only like 15 minutes of action so why do people need to stand up for 3 hours. And half that 15 minutes we have the ball so you're supposed to be quiet until Q runs over 5-6 people.

Of course I don't understand the drivers who won't let people over when traffic is crawling because one lane is closed and then when traffic clears they drive 15 MPH under the speed limit either.

A-holes in traffic are a whole different breed.

If Matt throws a pass do you not jump up expecting a big play? If edge breaks through the line do you not jump up expecting a big play? When we are on defense, do you just sit in your seat? Defense is a time to stand and bring the noise, I understand our stadium is full of little fruitcakes and I have to start every chant to get them loud but at least I do it. You should be on your feet for the entire drive on defense making as much noise as possible.

I stand at home watching the game, I get so much adrenalin and so excited that I cannot sit still. If you want to sit in silence on your couch, stay home. I show up to make noise.

If your a cripple or a kid I might consider looking out for you but if I stand and you want to see you should stand too. Besides, half the game everyone else jumps up and you have to stand, why sit down when they will all stand again?

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I was asked to sit down and blew the guy off. I kind of tried to keep it down but sometimes it's just a reaction. He didn't say anything the rest of the game and I asked if he had the tickets for the year, he said no so we'll see what we get next game.

And MO, my wife is always shaking her head when I stand up watching the tv. She tells me "Um, you're the only one here and they can't see or hear you."

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
heh - it's a reflex - what's sad/funny is my dog sometimes think she's doing something wrong because she's the only other living thing on the room

try to keep it under control for this reason - but really not that easy to do

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score

Like anytime you are at any time of game, I think it's cool to stand up during a big moment.

Not during an ordinary one though. If that makes sense.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should be on your feet, screaming as loud as possible on every defensive play. Period.

On offense, stand or sit, just ****.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I stand on all defensive plays, and sit on all offensive plays (most of them...jump up and yell when they do good.)

It's easier to lean forward and yell my guts out from a standing position than a sitting one, and if you aren't making noise out there you aren't doing your job. I find it funny that the majority of the non-standers are also the ones who don't yell when the defense is trying to put in licks out there. Thankfully our section (117) seems to be getting it and stand more than half the time.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find it funny that the majority of the non-standers are also the ones who don't yell when the defense is trying to put in licks out there and cheer and scream when the Cardinals are on offense.

ftfy

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think it is all about taste and respect. If you are being an obnoxious A-hole then yeah they're going to tell you to sit. What I mean is if you stand THE ENTIRE GAME... meaning you stand during timeouts, during every play, yelling profanities, badgering other fans, spilling beer, or generally acting like a tool then yeah you need to sit.

My approach is calculated misery. I stand when appropriate. I don't curse (much) especially when there are kids in the vicinity and I usually try to show concern for people sitting around me. When we are in need of a big play or the situation frankly just warrants it... I will let it be known. I was chirping in this hawks fan's ear, but you can't be to the point of harrassment.

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
I stand most D plays.
Sit on O - unless there's a long pass or run happening.
Anybody that has a problem with that is NOT a football fan.
They are just someone ATTENDING an NFL game - a tourist, a poseur.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When we are in need of a big play or the situation frankly just warrants it...

We are in need of a big play and the situation warrants it on every single down our defense plays.

We won't be a feared stadium until it is just as loud on first down on the 20 in the middle of the first quarter as it is on 4th down and 1 on the goalline with 1 second left in the fourth quarter.

Loud from start to finish for this defense...