Cards Sign James Signs to 4 Year Deal

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
I am sitting on the beach in San Diego for spring break...and all I can think about is Edge. This is the greatest day of my life!!

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, that's a lot of current or former Pro Bowlers on the Cards offense:

Warner
James
Boldin
Fitzgerald

Tony W

Ride it like u stole it!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Jim O said:
James Signs 4 Year Deal

You must be registered for see images

The Arizona Cardinals Football Club has agreed to a 4-year contract with running back Edgerrin James. In accordance to team policy terms of the deal were not disclosed.

As an 8-year NFL veteran James has rushed for over 1,000 yards in six of his eight years in the league. In each of his past two seasons with the Indianapolis Colts James has rushed for over 1,500 yards.

As a two-year starter at the University of Miami, James was the only player in school history to record consecutive seasons of over 1,000 rushing yards. The Immokalee, Florida native went on to be the fourth overall draft pick in the 1999 NFL Draft by the Colts.

James signing marks the third free agent deal the Cardinals have completed this offseason.

I just watched ESPN NEWS and saw nothing!!!!! Is this verifiable?
!

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm shocked. Happiness to the 10th power, right now, I'm on mega Kool-Aid status right now

Last edited:

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:
Really? I don't see any other threads started before mine.

Take a look at the top of the page.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
who cares, james just signed with the cardinals. yeah babby!!!!!!!!

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Cards sign Edgerrin James

Kent Somers
The Arizona Republic
Mar. 12, 2006

The Cardinals agreed to terms Sunday with running back Edgerrin James on a four-year deal, the team announced.

Financial terms were not immediately available.

James is the biggest free agent signing in team history. Formerly with the Indianapolis Colts, James has led the NFL in rushing twice.

James, 6-foot-, 214 pounds, will turn 28 in August and is in his prime. A seven-year veteran from Miami, he’s rushing for more than 1,000 yards in five seasons, gaining more than 1,500 four times.

The Cardinals haven’t had a 1,000-yard rusher since 1998, and ranked last in the NFL in rushing in 2005

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
i don't see anything on espn either. i guess espn news needs to take the ? james to arizona.

Second Deck

Registered
Reaction score
I have been trying to convince myself the Cards were not being used again to get more money somewhere else. I staring to pack for my trip up to Flag for the first day of camp. Thank you Edge. Sec 427 will be cheering.

dmoney

Registered
Reaction score
BirdMan21 said:
I am sitting on the beach in San Diego for spring break...and all I can think about is Edge. This is the greatest day of my life!![/Q

I love the signing but if I'm on the beach I'm only thinking about some pie! We have pie! Pie for all Cards fans.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Fox on James

James leaving Colts for Cards

Story*Tools:

XML*

*Print*
*Email*
*Blog This*

Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com
Posted: 2 minutes ago

The Arizona Cardinals now have more Edge to them.

FOXSports.com has learned that the Cardinals have agreed to terms with Pro Bowl running back Edgerrin James. Terms of the deal are not yet known, but the team is announcing it later today.

James, who visited the Phoenix area with agent Drew Rosenhaus on Saturday, is the latest big-name running back over the last couple of days to bang out a lucrative deal. Earlier this off-season, Shaun Alexander (Seattle), Ahman Green (Green Bay) and DeShaun Foster (Carolina) all re-signed with their respective teams. Ravens RB Jamal Lewis remains the last big-name free agent running back on the open market.

Arizona was the first and only place he visited on a short-lived free agent tour as James probably knew that the market for running backs was soon to dry up.

James has five seasons in which he rushed for more than 1,200 yards and four seasons with more than 1,500 yards on the ground, including a career-high 1,709 in his second pro season. He's also usually good for 50 to 60 catches out of the backfield during a season. James joins DT Kendrick Clancy and lineman Milford Brown as free-agent acquisitions for Denny Green.

TOP STOR

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Reaction score
Tony W said:
I just watched ESPN NEWS and saw nothing!!!!! Is this verifiable?
!

Well it came from the Main Cardinal board run by the Cardinals. Thats all we need to know. Screw ESPN!

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes! Was convinced it would happen today and I have suffered with this team for 30 years.

This will make the draft that much more fun. AWESOME............

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
unbelievable, incredible, genius, monster, wow, huge, big, shocking... no
matter how it is said or lokked at were are now looking like an NFL team.
I will not be able to sleep until the season opens. My hands are shaking even
as I write this.:thumbup: :newcards:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corkman