Cards re-sign Zach Ertz

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Didn't some people want the Cards to get Gronk? He's older, slower, and more injured. Gronk is better too. Just sayin'. Don't judge TE's by speed alone. The ability to catch tight passes, make themselves available, and run routes is more important.

There's nothing wrong with Ertz speed. Watched some highlights back and he looks the same as he always did.

When players hit a certain age people just automatically say "He's slow now".

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
May be wrong, but I think some questioning this deal favoured bringing back a 37-year old Fitz to be a third down move the chains receiver, essentially the same role for $11m.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
May be wrong, but I think some questioning this deal favoured bringing back a 37-year old Fitz to be a third down move the chains receiver, essentially the same role for $11m.
I would venture to guess that it is actually the opposite.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man this deal just irritates me more & more.

Massive overpay to a TE that can’t burn vertically anymore & is notorious for being an awful blocker. Just makes the offense a lot more predictable.

The “best TE in our history” is such a pathetic reason for it considering how low the bar is. Or just because other teams make more insane deals that it’s cool to justify this one

Some of you guys that claim to want Keim gone, but are happy with some of the signings so far. It’s hilarious, but it’s sad & obvious how a FO can manipulate fans so easy.

Last edited:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

Massive overpay to a TE that can’t burn vertically anymore & is notorious for being an awful blocker. Just makes the offense a lot more predictable.

The “best TE in our history” is such a pathetic reason for it considering how low the bar is. Or just because other teams make more insane deals that it’s cool to justify this one

Some of you guys that claim to want Keim gone, but are happy with some of the signings so far. It’s hilarious, but it’s sad & obvious how a FO can manipulate fans so easy.
You’re trippin’.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I concern myself with real world problems like $5 a gallon gas. I don't waste my time worrying about nonsense

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You have some bad takes but man...

What tights ends "Burn vertically"? Are there some deep threat burner TE's I'm missing in the league? The only one that's any kind of vertical threat is probably Waller. I went back and watched peak Ertz from 16-17 and there isn't a lick of difference in his speed.

The only place Ertz is notoriously bad as a blocker is in your head. He's not Kittle, but he's better than Kelce. It's not his strength, but it's not awful.

Your problem is that you hate Keim so much you think everything he does is garbage. You can't see the wood for the trees.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You have some bad takes but man...
You yourself know there’s heavy irony in this one.

What tights ends "Burn vertically"? Are there some deep threat burner TE's I'm missing in the league?
Uh, maybe the actual top TEs in the league like Kittle, Kelce, & Waller…? Even guys like Mark Andrews & Mike Gesicki.
The only place Ertz is notoriously bad as a blocker is in your head.
From Eagle fans to everyone & their mom knows that Ertz is a horrible blocker. Not even average, but horrible. Now he has only predictably gotten slower since his peak. Kelce has & always been a better blocker than Ertz.
Your problem is that you hate Keim so much you think everything he does is garbage. You can't see the wood for the trees.
Your problem is that you’re so used to these bad signings by Keim that you think it’s perfectly fine. Thinking it’s okay because he made a really horrific signing with Gresham that it’s fine to justify a less horrific signing in Ertz. Keim is a atrocious drafter so he has to make it up in FA despite missing more than he makes. He can swindle you guys very easily, but not me.

There’s no wood. All of it has been burned down by the idiot up top.