Cards Re-sign Will Hernandez

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Oddly players often are better on one side of the line. I’m guessing his play at LT will convince them to try him at LG.
FWIW they were talking about this on Cards underground. Justin Pugh believes that Jones will win/get the starting LG job.

Paul Calvisi and Darren Urban mentioned this to the outgoing staff, and they felt pretty strongly that Jones is a tackle, not a guard.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
It's probably more natural coming out of the stance to the left. Usually guys who struggle on one side is more because of footwork and timing....they just never get comfortable.
He played LT all 4 years in college, but didn’t start early in his career. It may be muscle memory that his footwork is correct on the left side.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He played LT all 4 years in college, but didn’t start early in his career. It may be muscle memory that his footwork is correct on the left side.

True. But I want a natural left guard, which could be Hayes, Smith, a draft pick etc.

I don't want to risk our swing tackle.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
True. But I want a natural left guard, which could be Hayes, Smith, a draft pick etc.

I don't want to risk our swing tackle.

Hayes should start at LG and they should trade Jones.

He's on the last year of his deal and unless they tell Jones they are cutting Hump next year he's almost certainly going to walk in FA.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sorry... I'll take my chances on losing Jones.

Draft a swing tackle that you have 4 years to coach and get something back for Jones while you can. He's just shown he can be a solid starting LT which has value.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose