Cards’ Draft Position

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am going by this. It shows us at 16.8 and Broncos at 14, with higher score being the weaker schedule. The Bears are at 14.5 if that should come into play, which I expect won´t.

I don´t know if this is accurate though.

No, that's based on somebody's power rankings.

NFL.com has us listed as the 3rd pick overall now and Denver.. I assume that’s accurate

I read this
Ties involving TWO teams from different conferences will be broken by (a) head-to-head meeting; (b) best won-losttied percentage in common games, minimum of four, (c) strength of victory in all games, (d) best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed in all games, (e) best net points in all games, (f) best net touchdowns in all games, and finally (g) coin toss.

That would be great for us, but I think that only applies to playoff rankings.

I think Tankathon has it right, where it's based on strength of schedule first. Puts us at #4.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
next week vs Atlanta could swing the order

ATL is playing a rookie QB and the Cards havent quit
Atlanta is a one dimensional offense that will simplify what VJ has to do to stop their running game. VJ can take one aspect away & force the Falcons to beat us through the air. That rookie QB has looked awful so far. Might be another 19-16 thriller.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am going by this. It shows us at 16.8 and Broncos at 14, with higher score being the weaker schedule. The Bears are at 14.5 if that should come into play, which I expect won´t.

I don´t know if this is accurate though.

Yeah I went off the same yesterday but I think it's wrong. Tankathon uses the correct method and has Denver weaker.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
what i am counting on:

the Chargers play Denver the last week of the season. The way things are shaping up, its likely the Chargers will need to win to get into the playoffs.

Thus, it guarantees the Chargers will do the Chargers thing and lose

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
With Rams win this week and Broncos (Seattle has their pick) having a tougher SOS than us, are we not now Pick #3?

Harry, what do you have us at right now? I only see Houston and Chicago picking before us if we lose out.

Now, having said that, if we play like we did tonight, we could beat Falcons next week. That would be about what I would expect to happen to us. Very typical of Cards history.
The SOS is from the team that held the pick initially. Denver is at .488, the Cards are .520. Weaker schedule goes earlier.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
NFL.com has us listed as the 3rd pick overall now and Denver.. I assume that’s accurate
If the date is current, oddly they are wrong. SOS is unquestionably the first tie breaker. You have to watch dates closely even if it’s the top response to a search.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Atlanta is a one dimensional offense that will simplify what VJ has to do to stop their running game. VJ can take one aspect away & force the Falcons to beat us through the air. That rookie QB has looked awful so far. Might be another 19-16 thriller.
Trap game draft-wise for sure.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I’m kind of sold on Cam.

I’m not sold on Myjai. At least not a every-down player like Cam.

Would love a Will Anderson-Cam pass-rushing duo.
Depending on the scheme, Cam might be a 3-4 De ala Zach Allen next year.

I am also good with Myjai. He was always going to be a situational player until he is able to get his play strength up.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Depending on the scheme, Cam might be a 3-4 De ala Zach Allen next year.

I am also good with Myjai. He was always going to be a situational player until he is able to get his play strength up.
Resign Allen. Move Cam to the DL. Draft another good DL/Edge. Sign a mid tier veteran. Front seven can be okay quickly.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Biden signed the bill that will allow Andre Carter to sign & play in the NFL.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Getting an edge rusher makes us no better. We lose jj watt who is going to be barely lower than a top defender. It make more sense to trade down.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
some week 18 scenarios and how it impacts the Cards draft position:

if the Eagles beat the Giants, they lock up the bye. If they dont, SF can get the bye with a win.

so: SF has something to play for vs the Cards.

DEN is home vs LAC. LAC has something to play for: with a win they face the AFC South Div winner (JAX or TEN). If they dont-- they go to Buffalo.

we want a Denver win, as they pushes the Cards up to #3.

as an aside: If GB beats DET in GB, they lock up the final spot and deny SEA a playoff berth. I know who i will be rooting for.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I only see him going round 1 if he smashes the combine. If he runs 4.6 at 250 and 6'7" and does well in all other testing (which he may well do as he looks pretty quick) it might push him in but I reckon he's 80% there in the 2nd round when we pick.

The interesting this with Carter is that he's a true OLB. Guys like Anderson never drop into coverage, they are stand up DE's essentially. Carter is a rare guy that is a pash rusher that can drop. Last guy I recall doing that much was Josh Allen.

Glad he didn't get screwed over.
I still like to go off the tape and not the combine. I think the combine can compliment, and help qualify a decision already made by watching tape, but I do not think the combine qualifies a player to vault ahead of his initial draft status

Reactions: PJ1