Cardinals sign Max Starks

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hmmmmmm

Sounded like Massies job was solidified - this makes me wonder however he didnt really play last year and was cut in October.

veteran backup - awesome

I hope thats all this is.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally I think Starks is done and has been for the last couple of years. I think he is a long shot to make the team due to his health.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
I am actually pretty excited about the signing. I know he is getting older, but man was he one big, nasty dude a few years back with the Steelers. I don't think he will be able to beat out Massie, but I think he will be a better option than Potter as a backup.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
He's finished...tell me again why the team did not re-sign Winston? He is much better than Starks at this point. SMH. FCOL.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Starks is garbage. No starter should fear for their jobs.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing that Starks can play on both sides of the line. Was there an injury to Potter or Sowell?

No injuries.

I'm guessing they are bringing in bodies at RT and are basically going to throw them all at the wall and see what sticks. At least Starks has veteran experience and knows the offense. Now if he can just get out of his stance.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No injuries.

I'm guessing they are bringing in bodies at RT and are basically going to throw them all at the wall and see what sticks. At least Starks has veteran experience and knows the offense. Now if he can just get out of his stance.

My guess is he is a good backup/swing guy and has a full understanding of the system which he can help massie a lot during the year.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Ridiculous signing! This guy IS actually worse than Levi Clown!!!

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Winston is still a top 1/2 RT in the NFL and never gets injured. I'd say that is much more valuable than Massie and his "decent" ability or Starks and his completely vanished ability.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Winston is still a top 1/2 RT in the NFL and never gets injured. I'd say that is much more valuable than Massie and his "decent" ability or Starks and his completely vanished ability.

top 14 bah!

Who knows, you might be right. Who cares?

Reaction score
I'm guessing that Starks can play on both sides of the line.
Good point.

I'm guessing that Starks was signed for much less than Winston was willing to settle for.

When they signed Winston the Cardinals, much like the Seahawks this season, were looking for a guy that they could plug in as an immediate starter. This year the Cardinals were looking for, and wanting only to pay for, insurance.