Cardinals' Mock FA & Draft #1

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Albert is a great signing

After paying Albert and PP, I dont think we can afford Dansby. Which is fine because Im a huge supporter of Kevin Minter. He project as one of the best run stuffing MLBs in the NFL. Thats what got him drafted. Hes a beast.

As for the draft, I couldnt disagree more with the Brandin Cooks pick. I believe in BPA in the draft, and so Cooks would never be the BPA at 20, under any scenario possible.

Furthermore, WR might be 2nd to dead last on our list of needs.

Oh, and I LOVE the Safety out of Wash, Bucannon. Prob because he reminds me of Adub. Just a monster S. Murder fools over the middle.

**Hes a 2nd rounder. We may even have to move up in the 2nd to get him. Every team in the league knows this cat. Hes a savage and will be picked up early. But id srsly be thrilled if we could get him.

Last edited:

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
We won't sign a major RB to a big contract. If we sign a RB, it will be comparable to the deal Mendenhall got. Cap friendly and short term. RB is the worst position to commit big dollars to.

We aren't drafting a speed WR in the 1st round. Your obsession with spending #1 picks on speed WRs is baffling. Yes it's important, but you DON'T need to spend a #1 pick. You talk about T.Y. Hilton. HE WAS A 3rd ROUND PICK. DeSean Jackson was a 2nd round pick. You can get quality speed WRs in rounds 2-4. You don't spend a #1 pick on a WR when you already have 2 quality WRs locked up long term. It's not happening.

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
Kiper put out his first full Mock Draft today:

20 Arizona Cardinals select........Zack Martin OT Notre Dame

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
We won't sign a major RB to a big contract. If we sign a RB, it will be comparable to the deal Mendenhall got. Cap friendly and short term. RB is the worst position to commit big dollars to.

We aren't drafting a speed WR in the 1st round. Your obsession with spending #1 picks on speed WRs is baffling. Yes it's important, but you DON'T need to spend a #1 pick. You talk about T.Y. Hilton. HE WAS A 3rd ROUND PICK. DeSean Jackson was a 2nd round pick. You can get quality speed WRs in rounds 2-4. You don't spend a #1 pick on a WR when you already have 2 quality WRs locked up long term. It's not happening.

I agree with this. I have no doubt we get a speed WR. But my guess is it would be round 3 or 4. ANy draftnicks bring up guys who fall in that range that fit that profile.

Based on what I saw and what BA believes in tight ends, I think a huy like Jace or Ebron is VERY much in play in Round 1. BA loves the TE and a guy that can catch and block is worth its weight in gold to him. Hell the Colts drafted Fleener at the top of Rd 2 and Allen at the top of Rd 3 when BA was the head offense guy in Indy.

Unless they see something in Housler we are all missing, i would be the farm a TE taken with one of the first 3 picks.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard