Cardinals just outside the top 10 offenses in 2020?

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
OFFENSES KNOCKING ON THE DOOR: Seattle Seahawks, Arizona Cardinals, Tennessee Titans, Philadelphia Eagles, Pittsburgh Steelers.
1. Kansas City
2 Baltimore
3. New Orleans
4. Dallas
5. Tampa Bay
6. San Franciso
7. Cleveland
8. Indianapolis
9. Green Bay
10. Atlanta
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...s-pulling-away-from-pack?campaign=Twitter_atn

I think if we can truly run Kliff's offense we'd be top 10. Just a question if Gilbert/Jones? step up at RT. Also how much has Kyler improved.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think we will be in the top 10 in offense this season. I see us being better than Cleveland, Indy, and Green Bay.

To me it is entirely dependent on the defense....as strange as that may sound. Their inability to get off the field on 3rd down cost us a lot of time of possession, and their redzone defense put us in a position where we had to alter the gameplan more than I would have hoped.

If you give Kyler and the offense and addition 2-3 possessions per game, on top of the additions weve made, a full year of Drake, and a possibly having Isabella or Butler become a weapon, we should be top 10 for sure.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
If we aren’t a top 10 offense this year there better be a massive coaching overhaul next year. It’s the whole reason kliff is here and we added DHop with what should be an improvement from Murray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we will be in the top 10 in offense this season. I see us being better than Cleveland, Indy, and Green Bay.
I also question listing those three teams ahead of the Cards. Indy, 25th last year, added Rivers & drafted a WR & RB. But what have Cleveland & Green Bay done to suggest that they will make the jump from 22nd & 18th, respectively, into the top 10 this year?!

...dave

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1. Kansas City
2 Baltimore
3. New Orleans
4. Dallas
5. Tampa Bay
6. San Franciso
7. Cleveland
8. Indianapolis
9. Green Bay
10. Atlanta
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...s-pulling-away-from-pack?campaign=Twitter_atn

I think if we can truly run Kliff's offense we'd be top 10. Just a question if Gilbert/Jones? step up at RT. Also how much has Kyler improved.

Um, I know I'm a homer but, I fully expect the cards offense to be better than San Francisco, Cleveland, Green Bay, Indy and Atlanta.

Let me put it this way - our offense is better than those teams - the better question is our defense good enough to give our offense a similar number of snaps as them.

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If we aren’t a top 10 offense this year there better be a massive coaching overhaul next year. It’s the whole reason kliff is here and we added DHop with what should be an improvement from Murray.

The issue is can we even run Kliff's offense if Kliff has to continue coaching around the Oline. Keim/Kliff are putting their faith in Gilbert next year (to a lesser degree Jones). Lets hope it works out.

Cleveland really fixed their Oline...on paper. Browns/Colts have talented offenses imo. Just a question if Mayfield/Rivers will cut down on the turnovers.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I also question listing those three teams ahead of the Cards. Indy, 25th last year, added Rivers & drafted a WR & RB. But what have Cleveland & Green Bay done to suggest that they will make the jump from 22nd & 18th, respectively, into the top 10 this year?!

...dave
Cleveland added a TE and the best OL in FA. GB I agree with. Remember with Indy last year they had a ton of injuries at WR TR and QB.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

...dave
I’d put Cleveland up there way before Indy.

I don’t like Baker, but I trust him more than a washed up Philip Rivers.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Indy and GB seem like leaps of faith

Philip Rivers is a giant ?

and you wonder how Rogers responds to what looks like a plan in GB to change the offense from being Rogers centered to being something else.....

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
During FA & the draft, I feel like the defense now has the pieces to compete, barring no major injuries. The main thing on defense to me was adding depth at the DL & LB'er. 1 solid starter on the DL during FA & 2 drafted DT's. Adding Simmons creates depth for a box safety & at LB'er. Adding Weaver & Walker creates a little more depth at LB'er, also the addition of Campbell & Kennard. I really think Walker from Kansas ST has a strong chance to make the team, even though he was an UDFA. Solid stats at Kansas ST. No reason our defense can't be top 15 in 2020 imo. That being said, our offense will have more opportunities with an improved defense. Imagine how many more games we had a chance to win with just one extra stop in 2019? Having the defense we have now, if we had that in 2019, we win 9-10 games possibly? Adding Hopkins, OL depth & the defensive pieces, we will be in the playoff hunt in 2020 imo.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard