football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
anyone know the deal here?

usually the list of signed UDFAs is out the week after the draft---

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Not a huge haul, but I'm not surprised since this was the smallest draft pool in a long time.

I like what I'm reading about the NC State TE.

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
typically the team releases the official list

i have to believe they signed more than 4 or so

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They phoned it in this year. And all the UDFA's were deep into draft rankings. I think the highest we signed had an EDP of 350.

I personally would have looked at it the other way around. I think this year dudes are more likely to have been missed and you have more chance of finding a diamond in the rough.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
They phoned it in this year. And all the UDFA's were deep into draft rankings. I think the highest we signed had an EDP of 350.

I personally would have looked at it the other way around. I think this year dudes are more likely to have been missed and you have more chance of finding a diamond in the rough.
This. Damonte Coxie.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Cardinals have signed four undrafted rookies, including a pair of tight ends.

It is the smallest group of undrafted rookies they have signed since Steve Keim became general manager.

They typically add a dozen or more rookie free agents.
Seems like lazy work from the scout department, I don't say there is a gem out there but u can know it just if u try it..
BTW i think they will have some tryout players
But these are players whom has generated almost zero interest

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I don't see the big deal, they'd rather have last years practice squad players on the 90 man roster than a bunch of undrafted guys, they probably also have their eyes on some veterans for camp.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just a reminder. You can ONLY have 90 men on the roster (reason why it's called the 90 man roster). The four guys brought our total to 90. So, if we sign a guy we have to cut a guy. I guess that would not happen until AFTER this weekend's rookie camp.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just a reminder. You can ONLY have 90 men on the roster (reason why it's called the 90 man roster). The four guys brought our total to 90. So, if we sign a guy we have to cut a guy. I guess that would not happen until AFTER this weekend's rookie camp.

But how many we have that are proven mediocre or bad player, at least with UDFA there is some chance, very little i know, to find someone who can stick with the 53

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
juza, I don't understand your 'take'. Are you saying that we should sign more UDFA's and cut draft picks or other guys on the roster?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Keep in mind, there are usually about 2k draft eligible players...this year it was about 25% of that.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ron, I might be wrong, but I don't think so. It would not have mattered if there were 4K players eligible. We only had four spots available.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Ron, I might be wrong, but I don't think so. It would not have mattered if there were 4K players eligible. We only had four spots available.
I get that...my main point was that Pickens were slim this year, regardless of how many roster spots teams have available. If the Cards thought any of these guys were NFL worthy, they can always make room.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk