Can't stand Leander no more !!!!

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
I am a huge Al McCoy guy love him and think he is Suns basketball but did anyone catch on Sunday where he kept calling Drew Gooden Dwight Gooden? I thought i was hearing it wrong or remember the Cavs forwards name wrong but he was mixing up the baseball pitcher with the Cavs Drew Gooden.

jenna2891

potential get-away driver: go!
Reaction score
on the run from johnny law... ain't no trip to cle
I am a huge Al McCoy guy love him and think he is Suns basketball but did anyone catch on Sunday where he kept calling Drew Gooden Dwight Gooden? I thought i was hearing it wrong or remember the Cavs forwards name wrong but he was mixing up the baseball pitcher with the Cavs Drew Gooden.

were you watching on abc? 'cuz one of those guys kept doing that same thing.

Scot1

Registered
Reaction score
I can't follow this whole thread. Leander doesn't talk for broadcast a whole lot during Suns games, he's too busy playing. His name isn't Tom, it's Barbosa. His problem isn't his purple tie, it's timing his passes. I don't even think he can wear a purple tie--against league rules. And my Strong impression is that you guys all flunked spelling--it's L-e-a-n-d-r-o. Or are you anglicizing it to insult him? Anyhow, his expression after sinking that 3 against Chicago earned him a lot of slack to wear any any tie he wants.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't follow this whole thread. Leander doesn't talk for broadcast a whole lot during Suns games, he's too busy playing. His name isn't Tom, it's Barbosa. His problem isn't his purple tie, it's timing his passes. I don't even think he can wear a purple tie--against league rules. And my Strong impression is that you guys all flunked spelling--it's L-e-a-n-d-r-o. Or are you anglicizing it to insult him? Anyhow, his expression after sinking that 3 against Chicago earned him a lot of slack to wear any any tie he wants.

:confused: My sarcasm detector is not picking up anything so I'll assume you were legitimately confused by this thread. Tom Leander works for the Suns as a broadcaster (play-by-play).

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 281

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I don't mind Leander. He's not the greatest announcer but I like the energy he has and he's been there so long that I kind of like him. I loved watching the UPN games with him at halftime back when I was in elementary school.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
:confused: My sarcasm detector is not picking up anything so I'll assume you were legitimately confused by this thread. Tom Leander works for the Suns as a broadcaster (play-by-play).
attachment.php

:lmao: :biglaugh:

Leander is a really nice guy but he tries way too hard. You can have a few catch phrases, that's fine. But you aren't allowed to have a catch phrase for everything that happens. That's just going too far.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Al McCoy and Chick Hearn were friends and had a massive amount of respect for each other. Both of them had nothing but compliments for each other.

I don't see why rivalry's have to include "our announcer is/was better than your announcer", especially when neither of them men mentioned would ever say such a thing. Both were/are too classy to be that petty.

I have been fortunate enough to enjoy hearing both men call games in my lifetime and for that I am thankfull.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
like(d) - Applies to both liking chicks now and in the past. I like chicks (I liked the dead announcer.)

Chicks are cool

You must be registered for see images attach

But I hate Peeps.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I hate when he says "crush" for a slam. It sounds ridiculous.

The guy is an idiot.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Leander is not very good. However, the worst announcer I have heard in years was "Walt Frazier". I was watching NBAtv during the Suns/Knicks game. He didn't have a clue about any Suns player - and had limited knowledge about the KNICKS players! I'm not joking. It was as if his day is filled with partying, and then he grabs a cap to come to Madison Square Garden to help call a few games. He brought nothing to the table. Dumb as a box of rocks.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn