Can't believe it's been 26 years today that Buster Douglas beat Mike Tyson

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We in this generation have been lucky to witness some of the greatest streaks of athletic domination ever. Some of you may not be old enough to remember Mike Tyson in his early career. Never saw anything like it. He wouldn't just box some guys and win, he'd crush them into next week like nothing before or since. Like he was a different species.
Heavyweight champion of the world at age 19, with something not far off of 20-0 with 20 knockouts almost all in the first round.
This was one of the most surprising underdog victories in history, and essentially ended the reign of terror. We've seen Tyson and Jordan and Tiger in recent years just be so dominant they changed the games they played, and became worldwide household names.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I will always have the image of Mike Tyson not being able to put on his mouth piece on after being knocked down, when I think of this fight. sad

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We in this generation have been lucky to witness some of the greatest streaks of athletic domination ever. Some of you may not be old enough to remember Mike Tyson in his early career. Never saw anything like it. He wouldn't just box some guys and win, he'd crush them into next week like nothing before or since. Like he was a different species.
Heavyweight champion of the world at age 19, with something not far off of 20-0 with 20 knockouts almost all in the first round.
This was one of the most surprising underdog victories in history, and essentially ended the reign of terror. We've seen Tyson and Jordan and Tiger in recent years just be so dominant they changed the games they played, and became worldwide household names.

GGG is the closest that we might see to Tyson in quite some time. Love watching him box. One of the very few on the planet that could be Floyd.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My favorite fight ever, It was supposed to be a Tyson cake-walk.

I sat there in stunned silence for like 10 minutes.

The only recent fight that gave me even close to same feeling, was watching Rousey get her head kicked silly by Holmes.

I love me some upsets!!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
GGG is the closest that we might see to Tyson in quite some time. Love watching him box. One of the very few on the planet that could be Floyd.

You might be right about GGG being the closest we'll see in a long time, if not ever... BUT, Tyson was like Goliath compared to triple-G. Stylistically there are similarities. But as a heavyweight, Tyson was BY FAR so much more impressive and so much more of a visual mind-blow! To see how chop down guys that weighed 240-250 pounds was simply nothing ever seen before and triple-G will simply never be able to equate...