Cabbage Soup Diet

boondockdrunk

Resident Drunkard
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of the Cabbage Soup Diet? It claims to have a person lose 10 pounds in a week. Honestly, that does not sound truthful. It seems like just false promises, but I can really find no motive behind it.

Anyone care to share if they have tried this?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dear god.... I lived with some guys in college who tried this diet. Their farts stunk so bad I swear to god I nearly vomited a few times. It wasn't casual farting either, it was a constant barrage of disgusting flatulation. I remember being woken up several times because of the obnoxiously loud farts that were coming from the adjacent room. It was friggen gross dude.....

I thought I could handle pure filth such as this since I can usually produce my own fermented brew, but this was beyond civilized society. Even worse was it stayed like this for weeks after they stopped eating this stuff. I guess it doesn't quite mesh with the digestive bacteria that is in your intestines and just wreaks havok on your bowels. I won't even go into how the soup smelled.... it was a chapter of my life I never wanted to revisit. I was on the verge of going back to my parents house, it was that bad.

So if you wish to partake in any adult activities with any women I highly suggest you get a gym membership or download some shows from FitTV. Once she gets a whiff of your cabbage gas, you're gonna be single and then you won't have to worry about losing weight.

OP
OP
boondockdrunk

boondockdrunk

Resident Drunkard
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
So if you wish to partake in any adult activities with any women I highly suggest you get a gym membership or download some shows from FitTV. Once she gets a whiff of your cabbage gas, you're gonna be single and then you won't have to worry about losing weight.

Good to know. I work out at the gym in my apartment complex 3 times a week for an hour and a half. I just stumbled upon this thing on the internet.

Does it work though?

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i could never EVER do a cabbage soup diet

i'd rather be curvy and plump than eat that crap

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
Is cabbage that much different in content, than iceburg lettuce, or Romain Lettuce...ie wouldn't the person on a cabbage soup diet, just pretty much be drinking water? Which would explain quick weight loss?
I know iceburg is almost all water, but don't know what nutrients differ from romain and cabbage?

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
the cabbage soup diet isn't for the person that eats it. It is for everyone around them. Because the amount of gas that builds up and released from eating that crap makes everyone purge (i.e. puke). So as long as the person eats the cabbage soup people will not be able to hold anything down.

Brilliant!!!

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
I would like to add that I just read Ryanwb post as of now. So my above post was without influence from Ryanwb.

marathon_mom

Bring it on!!!
Reaction score
I know people that did this thing about 10-12 years ago (when it was really "in".)

1) GAS GAS GAS - comes out of your pores too. Stinky input = Stinky output
2) no nutritional value - ok, a teensy bit.
3) water weight only, as soon as you put real food back in your mouth, watch the lbs go back up.

Just try watching your portions, limit sugar & flour intake, drink lots of water, and continue at the gym. If 10 lbs is all you have to lose, shouldn't take long.

Good luck, stinky! LOL:D

P.S. Just a crazy little tidbit of info here. If you know a woman who wants to stop breastfeeding her baby, but doesn't want to have the pain associated with engorging, have her put cabbage leaves in her bra. Sh'll stink for a few days, but her milk with dry up w/in a few days. Gross, huh?:eek:

GreenCard

Reaction score
Hey Sport,don't listen to them.Cabbage soup looks good,smells good and tastes good,if done right.If you look at the diet you do eat other foods during the week.When the soup was cooking I could not wait for a bowl.If you are weak and just a little wussy stay away from this diet.The first bowl was delicious,the next time I had to eat a bowl it was good but I did'nt think I would be able to eat it again.As the week wore on I began to doubt my manhood but for the sake of my Daughter I finished the week.I lost 5lbs that I could'nt afford and my Daughter lost 18lbs.Now for the farts-mine don't stink because I have a clean mind and body but if your farts stink--take them outside.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Cabbage is one of the wonder foods that's being newly touted.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard