Bucks @ Suns Tuesday game thread 3-14-2023

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're not as tough, but I DON'T THINK MCGEE IS THE REASON FOR THAT. Not sure if the capital letters will help you, but probably not. Have a good day.
LOL. Nobody said he is THE REASON. We are saying he was part of the reason. No capital letters don't help your case.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some comments about the free throw disparity between the Suns and Bucks particularly Giannis.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And saved his challenge for the presser.

How did we not challenge the play in question? Mind blowing.

This was particularly blatant, but perhaps Monty was trying to save his challenge for later if needed.

This is more on the referees (horrible call) and should be taken up with the league office. The Suns do not get these calls aginst the Bucks.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Some comments about the free throw disparity between the Suns and Bucks particularly Giannis.

Its BS the Suns need to foul the PISS out of Janis/Luka every single time they touch the ball. If we know they are going to the line 20 to 30 times a game, slap the crap out of his hurt wrist HARD. Make it blatantly obvious to the refs and the NBA that they need to call every game with the same rules for all players.
Gum up the game load Ish, Craig, Shamet, Baziley tell them if the don't foul out on Giannis within 5 mins they are off the team. Make a protest of it.

I'm tired of this team bending over for the refs, fight fire with fire, Giannis and Luka should feel like they just finished a boxing match AND LOST every time they see us.
Give Ish the ball let him tuck the ball like a football and steamroll Giannis till he fouls out. Do the exact thing the other teams stars get calls for and if you don't get the call throw a chair at the ref. Throw two. F it take a dump on center court at MSG and Ice skate on it until someone says hey maybe rules should be the same for all teams/players and not change from night to night.

How do these trash NBA refs keep their jobs?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The refs keep their jobs by doing what the league wants them to do. For decades now the league has walked the line between being a pure competition and an entertainment product. Under Silver, I believe the line is pretty much gone. This is all about entertainment. Fans want to see Luka, Giannis and a few others succeed, when the whistle blows it's the stripes job to see they get every opportunity to look good.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The refs keep their jobs by doing what the league wants them to do. For decades now the league has walked the line between being a pure competition and an entertainment product. Under Silver, I believe the line is pretty much gone. This is all about entertainment. Fans want to see Luka, Giannis and a few others succeed, when the whistle blows it's the stripes job to see they get every opportunity to look good.

And if someone wants to set up a competitive professional basketball league, they already own it. It's the G-League.

I'm sure the NBA still remembers the ABA.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like Torrey Craig is getting dental work thanks to Giannis.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Its BS the Suns need to foul the PISS out of Janis/Luka every single time they touch the ball. If we know they are going to the line 20 to 30 times a game, slap the crap out of his hurt wrist HARD. Make it blatantly obvious to the refs and the NBA that they need to call every game with the same rules for all players.
Gum up the game load Ish, Craig, Shamet, Baziley tell them if the don't foul out on Giannis within 5 mins they are off the team. Make a protest of it.

I'm tired of this team bending over for the refs, fight fire with fire, Giannis and Luka should feel like they just finished a boxing match AND LOST every time they see us.
Give Ish the ball let him tuck the ball like a football and steamroll Giannis till he fouls out. Do the exact thing the other teams stars get calls for and if you don't get the call throw a chair at the ref. Throw two. F it take a dump on center court at MSG and Ice skate on it until someone says hey maybe rules should be the same for all teams/players and not change from night to night.

I am all about not hurting people but I am at the point where its like eff it.. the foul is going to be called anyway.. might as well make it official.. make them earn it.. put them on the ground..

We are trying to be this nice team but its time to say eff it and be the villain team that we have now been labeled..

Just embrace it..

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am all about not hurting people but I am at the point where its like eff it.. the foul is going to be called anyway.. might as well make it official.. make them earn it.. put them on the ground..

We are trying to be this nice team but its time to say eff it and be the villain team that we have now been labeled..

Just embrace it..

The team takes on the persona of the coach, passive.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just embrace it..

Nothing wrong with a good clean hard foul. It's time the Suns learn this.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Floundering they just lost to arguably 3 of the best highest scoring teams in basketball and were in all of them late in the 4th…

I guess. I used to think a loss was a loss.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I’m out on the Suns championship for 1 reason and that’s Monty

He seems like the most passive and out of his league coach I’ve ever seen. This team comes out not ready to play way to much. The whole “play the right way” thing has made us a joke around the league. They know the Suns won’t fight back

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
The Suns need a designated yeller if Monty is unwilling.
Monty just needs to voice his displeasure at the moment of those no calls fouls on offensive & defense by guys like Giannis & Luka to the refs and get a tech if necessary or even get tossed out. Monty just look deadpanned. Monty's too soft and refs are favoring the star opponents. Monty is just too weak but that was a nice worthless complaint after the Bucks game by Monty.

This new NBA style of offensive freedom, offensive player pushing off, carrying over, traveling, and no defense allowed, sometimes two step jump backing to get the shot off by the offense player is plain ridiculous.Too much freedom for the offensive player for the defensive player to comptete equally.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
Looks like Torrey Craig is getting dental work thanks to Giannis.

Suns need a coach with a backbone who will stand up to the refs and show some fighting spirit for his team. Monty's clearly not willing to do so. Soft team & coach will get a hard loss everytime. You see the look on Giannis face he knows he can get away with that as the Suns will accept their lumps.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns need a coach with a backbone who will stand up to the refs and show some fighting spirit for his team. Monty's clearly not willing to do so. Soft team & coach will get a hard loss everytime. You see the look on Giannis face he knows he can get away with that as the Suns will accept their lumps.
I just don't think it's backbone or him being soft. I think it's a bit of arrogance on his part, that his way of projecting calm and controlled is the only way. But regardless, the end result is the same. He needs to stand up for his players and not just in the locker room or in front of the media. I don't want him to be a raving lunatic but he needs to demonstratively express his displeasure and maybe even get his butt tossed every now and then.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No I'm not. You don't have a McGee strictly because he gets the guys worked up before a game. Because that's all he does this year. He was unplayable against the Pels and again against the Mavs. He was a walking foul collector and didn't wow when doing his rim protection, which you seem to think he can do. Dallas is showing he's not even playable in the regular season anymore.

Now whether you agree or not with Monty's finesse philosophy, whatever "toughness" McGee provides doesn't amount to virtually anything because he is a negative on the court.
You just aren’t getting it. Forget it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose