Reaction score
Some final stats.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
They get down and have to fight so hard to comeback and get dead tired late

Wash rinse repeat
Ayton shouldn’t be tired. He should be embarrassed.

He came in and fumbled the ball and rebounds and gave up open threes and missed every shot in the fourth. It could be worst quarter I’ve ever seen from a sun.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol you need to chill with this Booker stuff. He gets a horrible whistle when Holiday doesn’t get called for Jack. He’s the only reason we were in this game. He had ZERO HELP.
Booker is FANTASTIC but time after time it’s apparent he’s not athletic enough to impose his will on the best players. The best players in the game do. Period. To argue against this tonight of all nights, when he was totally shut down in the 4th just tells me you’re too drunk on the Kool-Aid to be objective.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Payne and Landale had it going but Monty takes them out. He’s a nice coach. Just not what we need.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This team isn’t tough. I don’t think even KD playing in top shape makes us competitive with that bucks team. They have legit nba ball players. Not landales. Not ish wainwrights.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Jones is going to have to be really creative and a salesman in the offseason to get a couple more pros on this squad.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope we bring Durant back sooner than 3 weeks. The difference between being the 4th seed and the 5th or 6th is going to be huge.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team isn’t tough. I don’t think even KD playing in top shape makes us competitive with that bucks team. They have legit nba ball players. Not landales. Not ish wainwrights.
We’re just soft too. I thought a healthy KD could be enough to let us simply overpower teams on offense, but a team needs to have a little toughness.

This team just has very little of it,.. and not enough overwhelming talent on offense to overcome that deficit.

It’s next year or bust for this trade and I think it’s gonna take a new coach… and probably more changes (possibly a BIG one in the middle) if we want to actually be that tough.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope we bring Durant back sooner than 3 weeks. The difference between being the 4th seed and the 5th or 6th is going to be huge.
You think so? I think I’d rather be 6 than 4 or 5 at this point.

That said, I want him back sooner rather than later just so the team has some chance to get a rhythm together.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Suns only lead the Warriors and Clippers by 1 game. They are presently 5th and 6th in the standings.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That said, I want him back sooner rather than later just so the team has some chance to get a rhythm together.

There are only two losses that separate the Suns from the 7th place Timberwolves.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The suns have won 1 road series in the last 30 years. I think the 95 rockets are the only team to win a title from the 6 seed… and they were the defending champs.

If we face Golden State in round one I’d be shocked if home court didn’t decide the series.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm more worried about the Suns falling to the play-in rather than where they are in the top six in the standings.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm more worried about the Suns falling to the play-in rather than where they are in the top six in the standings.
I don’t think we will drop that far. I’m more worried about being the 5 against the warriors.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns aren't far away from the play-in and I don't see the cavalry.

Those teams are not playing well either, the suns just faced a rough 3 game stretch. I think even .500 ball will keep us clear of that.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those teams are not playing well either, the suns just faced a rough 3 game stretch. I think even .500 ball will keep us clear of that.

I see a floundering Suns team out there on the court without much depth.

If Durant doesn't return soon, the Suns look like a play-in team.

Sunstroke

Veteran
Reaction score
Suns had a chance to upgrade from Payne and JJ decided not to do so. Payne is a problem.
Shooting 23% off the bench? Derrick Rose was available among other veteran PGs. Jones
should have addressed this problem in the offseason or at the very least, trade deadline.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
It's how the Suns are built.
That seems to be an extension of Monty and JJ. They both seem to be oriented towards finesse basketball rather than physical basketball. Ergo, why we regularly get our teeth kicked in by physical teams like the Bucks, Clippers, Pelicans, etc.

Once again, we seem to be repeating the D'Antoni era... when we regularly got wedgied by Popovich's Spurs teams. I'm not sure why we always need to be the softies of the league, even when we have some of the better personnel.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
We didn't lose to the Bucks because they're tough and we're a finesse team. We lost because they have far more talent than us right now. Without Durant, this is just a generic try hard team.
So what's the excuse the other dozen times they've taken our lunch money recently?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose