Bucks @ Suns Tuesday game thread 3-14-2023

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe I should have said the Suns don't have a bench.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well, I did direct you to the board where it's posted.:) Honestly I'm surprised no one has supported my comment because it was said several times and in different ways; that Giannis is not a number 1 on a championship team or that Giannis will never lead his team to a championship and so on.

It stands out to me because on at least one occasion, I pushed back on the point. I don't have the time to search for it right now but if no one else supports my comment in the next few days I'll search for evidence when I have the chance. But between college basketball, the Suns and watching at least one movie with my wife every night, it won't be right away.
For what it's worth, I remember posters saying this about Giannis on the Realgm board.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We were 2 wins from the Finals and could’ve easily won.

People have to stop saying this. We couldn’t have easily won a series we didn’t even take to Game 7 in a series where we not only had HCA but also were up 2-0. We lost four straight games, with two of them being close at the end and in BOTH games, Booker, as well as he played at times in the Finals couldn’t close either time. That’s not to say we lost BECAUSE of Book. But we saw what it DOES take to win the Finals and it’s being able to make MASSIVE PLAYS in a multitude of ways… Giannis’ block on Ayton, Giannis’ Alley-Oop and finish and then destroying us for 50 points. Booker simply doesn’t have the athletic ability to impact a game like that.
Look I get what you’re saying about Book but I don’t agree. He doesn’t have elite athleticism but he’s one of the best shot makers in the league.

I’m not saying he’s Kobe but he’s more efficient than Kobe and scoring just as much with very similar stats. He’s a superstar. Does he have things to work on…sure. But we didn’t lose the Finals because he didn’t play well.
There’s a difference between a superstar and a Durant, a Giannis, Steph, etc etc. he can’t impose his will on a team for an entire series. Not at the highest level.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
People have to stop saying this. We couldn’t have easily won a series we didn’t even take to Game 7 in a series where we not only had HCA but also were up 2-0. We lost four straight games, with two of them being close at the end and in BOTH games, Booker, as well as he played at times in the Finals couldn’t close either time. That’s not to say we lost BECAUSE of Book. But we saw what it DOES take to win the Finals and it’s being able to make MASSIVE PLAYS in a multitude of ways… Giannis’ block on Ayton, Giannis’ Alley-Oop and finish and then destroying us for 50 points. Booker simply doesn’t have the athletic ability to impact a game like that.

There’s a difference between a superstar and a Durant, a Giannis, Steph, etc etc. he can’t impose his will on a team for an entire series. Not at the highest level.
There's superstars, then there's superduperstars, then there's superduperuberstars.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was unquestionably said about Dirk before he won.
You’re talking about the exception to the rule who needed one ALL-TIME run to win a title. And Dirk was still more of a unicorn than Booker is or ever will be, as one of the most unique big men to ever play the game.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Devin Booker will bring a championship back to Phoenix. Idk when but I know he’s gonna give it every single ounce to bring home a title. This kid’s a worker. In his FIRST playoffs he got to the Finals. He was stuck on bad teams. Now we’ll see what happens. I believe in #1

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did Giannis have Khris Middleton and Jrue back then?
Nope. They got Jrue who was the missing piece, the third legit creator every title team needs who also cemented their defense on the perimeter.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton is the Suns length. Period.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Giannis plows into Craig and is rewarded with a foul.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker will bring a championship back to Phoenix. Idk when but I know he’s gonna give it every single ounce to bring home a title. This kid’s a worker. In his FIRST playoffs he got to the Finals. He was stuck on bad teams. Now we’ll see what happens. I believe in #1
Workers don’t win titles as the number one guys. And make no mistake, I think Booker is probably the hardest worker in the league and what’s made him a superstar. But it’s Workers who are also Unicorns that lead teams to titles.

If the Suns believe Booker is the number 1 to lead us to a title a) they wouldn’t have made the move for KD and b) this team is never winning anything.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave